Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-M-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Greetings Users: I've noticed a few seemingly odd things going on with my iPod Touch (4G-64GB) and wonder if it's just happening on my end or if maybe it's things that everyone is experiencing with their Touch (iOS 4) as well.

1.) I notice when I attempt to download a Podcast from the Touch (iOS v4.2.1 - iTunes app) via free WiFi (while out about town) that if the podcast is in the AAC (.m4a) file format I will get an alert message indicating something to the effect of "This podcast is not compatible with the iPod Touch." and it cancel the download request. Now when I've downloaded the same podcast via a main frame computer's iTunes, THEN transfer/sync it over to the Touch it plays-back fine. This seems to indicate some kind of BUG within iOS and/or the iOS version of the iTunes app itself.

Two different Podcast attempted download pics:
picture.php

picture.php

-------

2.) I've noticed many times after doing a sync several of my podcasts AND iTunes U 'artwork' (Cover Art) are mixed up with images from different casts and U episodes showing up on titles not even related to one another. My only fix has been to delete the podcasts effected and then re-sync the archived podcasts from the main computer. This happens quite often here.

-------

3.) I've noticed when starting a sync from a main frame computer iTunes the Touch memory usage bar (indicating different colors for different media types (Audio, Video, Photo, etc.)) shrinks in size for the Audio (BLUE) by half, but then jumps back up to x2 times the memory used once completed. For example, iTunes bar claims Audio usage prior to sync activation at 22.4GB, start sync and it drops/slides down to an indicated 11.2GB, then doubles/slide back up to 22.4GB again once the sync is finished. This seems to be allocating far more of the Touch memory as USED than is actually being occupied. I'm already in my last 10GB of available space on the Touch here and it has me curious what's going on with the memory and which of the two indicated usage amounts is correct (22.4 or 11.2 GB).

Sync Example Pics:
picture.php

picture.php

-------
Insight and/or other user confirmation regarding ANY of these 3 issues would be much appreciated.

-M-

Last edited:

-M-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Bump

I'm bumping this thread because I was able to generate some pics tonight that show what's going on with 2 of the 3 issues noted yesterday. I've update the OP above. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.