Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

callagga

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

Just noted in the last day that the only menu I have under Movies is "My Movies" and "Theatrical Trailers". All the other Movie menu items are missing so I can't buy/rent any movies at the moment.

Anyone else seeing this?

The Music and TV Show menu items are fine

ChemGolf

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
Germany
In my Apple TV the only item in the music menu is 'my music'. Nothing more. I can't access the iTunes store to buy music via Apple TV any more.

The movie and TV show items are fine...

:confused::confused::confused:

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am having the same issues around the movies menu to. I can however access the top rentals from the pictures at the top of the screen but nothing more. I am going to lodge the issue with apple today to see if they have an answer.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I think its Apple preping for the new aTV...as you wont be able to buy movies etc from the aTV interface anymore since it has no storage capability. Pity really, buying a movie while sitting on the couch was a winner for me. I dont like renting digital content...if I like it enough I want to keep it.

Purchases I believe have to happen on the iTunes streaming machine.

As to why the preview clips are no longer available, no idea.

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Well I fixed it. It is an iTunes 10 issue. Go on the computer that apple tv is synced to, changed the store from Australian to USA. Close iTunes, start it up again and change it back to Australian. Go unplug the appletv from the power, start back up after 30seconds and all fixed :)

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Will give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

How the hell you stumble on to it? :confused:

Lots of searching over the internet, took me a while and started to see that everyone was having the same issues, I had also noted that I had tried to restart the apple tv but never really did anything with itunes so just started changing, testing etc so basically just a little bit of luck LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.