Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Just reinstalled, and paid $5 for the year license...totally worth it!! Sorry haha I just am telling you guys it still works...was hesitating to pay for $5 but it's so much easier to respond in class through computer.

OPTiK

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Just reinstalled, and paid $5 for the year license...totally worth it!! Sorry haha I just am telling you guys it still works...was hesitating to pay for $5 but it's so much easier to respond in class through computer.

I did this too... then realized that text messages that I hadn't sent over DeskSMS started showing up on their website client!? They have 0 information on whether or not things are stored on their server and for how long so I deleted it. Looks like DeskSMS was sold off to someone else too, as in the original developer doesnt work on it.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
does this backup and restore text messages?

no, that's what backing up your iphone is for

----------

I did this too... then realized that text messages that I hadn't sent over DeskSMS started showing up on their website client!? They have 0 information on whether or not things are stored on their server and for how long so I deleted it. Looks like DeskSMS was sold off to someone else too, as in the original developer doesnt work on it.

That's the point - it keeps track of your convos so you don't need your phone while you text. It doesn't only display the texts you send through it, but your conversations as a whole so you can read them.

OPTiK

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
no, that's what backing up your iphone is for

----------

That's the point - it keeps track of your convos so you don't need your phone while you text. It doesn't only display the texts you send through it, but your conversations as a whole so you can read them.

The point is to keep track of convos with people that were never contacted through DeskSMS? That and the browser interface is terrible. How do I know my convos that I deleted are really deleted off their servers?

luisadastwin

macrumors regular
After some months of using this great App, it is now not working sooo fine... Maybe it was my SO update... I just can send SMS for the Desktop (what I want) and I cannot see the SMS coming in the Desktop, only in the iPhone.

But, still pretty good to me since I just need DeskSMS to SEND SMS, not to receive... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.