Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California
Can anyone fix this to work with the iphone 5 dimensions please?

Attachments

• Wayne's World.png
    Wayne's World.png
    552 KB · Views: 250

mrmiami247

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I dunno, if you're Rangers fan, ask David Freese from last year. LOL

Ok, agreed enough hijacking.
Here are some quality wallpapers I just made for the IP5.

You think you can make me a university of Miami wallpaper? Would be very appreciated

iMerlin

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
I was wondering if anyone had some extra time if they could make a couple iPhone 5 wallpapers with the following images. I seriously lack Photoshop skillz that is why I ask. I know there is quite a few, pick your favorite! :)

Thanks!

Here are some White Sox walls.

utf-871logoSteel_zps5f1f232d.jpg

utf-8skyLineLogoSteel_zpsca774a42.jpg

utf-885LogoSteel_zps0bb6704d.jpg

utf-8yellowDiamond_zps0a57dee7.jpg

utf-885diamond_zps54210ee3.jpg

jpg

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
Can somebody give this wallpaper the transparent status bar treatment (or post a link to a how-to)?

link to pic

Well your pic isn't easy but this is what I got. I had to make it a bit darker overall so that it would work. You will still be able to see the status bar in the sun tough. Made the swiss one transparent ones as well (work both my iPhone 5).

The way to do it is:
1.Create a white wallpaper and put in on your home screen
2.Make a screen-shot of the white wallpaper on an almost empty home screen
3.Use the stamp tool to get rid of the app as well as the status bar items. You also have to remove the dock and the gradient down there.
4.Invert colors
^You only have to do this once. You end up with a template you can reuse for whatever pic you like. (Attached mine)
5.Insert the pic you want to modify in a new layer
6.Use your template layer with color dodge on the new one
7.Check if it worked by creating a black rectangle (40x640px) with 60% opacity and lay it over the bright portion (also in a new layer, you might need to remove this before exporting). This is how it will look on your phone.
8.Fine-tuning.
9.Profit?!??

Attachments

• swiss.png
    swiss.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,541
  • eScr2-VORL.png
    eScr2-VORL.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 379
  • template.png
    template.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Tampa, FL
Here's a couple I sized correctly for the iPhone 5. I'm not sure where I got the lightbulb image from (have had it for quite some time), but I believe the beach wallpaper came from Interfacelift.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Added a few more: fog, jungle path, and lightning. I believe these are, too, from Interfacelift

Attachments

• 03066_napali_640x1136.jpg
    03066_napali_640x1136.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 1,065
  • lightbulb.jpg
    lightbulb.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 491
  • jungle-path.jpg
    jungle-path.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 565
  • fog-grass.jpg
    fog-grass.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 527
  • lightning.jpg
    lightning.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
Well your pic isn't easy but this is what I got. I had to make it a bit darker overall so that it would work. You will still be able to see the status bar in the sun tough. Made the swiss one transparent ones as well (work both my iPhone 5).

The way to do it is:
1.Create a white wallpaper and put in on your home screen
2.Make a screen-shot of the white wallpaper on an almost empty home screen
3.Use the stamp tool to get rid of the app as well as the status bar items. You also have to remove the dock and the gradient down there.
4.Invert colors
^You only have to do this once. You end up with a template you can reuse for whatever pic you like. (Attached mine)
5.Insert the pic you want to modify in a new layer
6.Use your template layer with color dodge on the new one
7.Check if it worked by creating a black rectangle (40x640px) with 60% opacity and lay it over the bright portion (also in a new layer, you might need to remove this before exporting). This is how it will look on your phone.
8.Fine-tuning.
9.Profit?!??

thanks for the info!

davidnyjets

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
New York
How do i upload these to my iphones screen?

I have it sync directly to my iPhone. I added the folder I save all my iPhone wallpapers to iTunes and every time I sync my phone they end up in a separate album from my Camera Roll and Stock Wallpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.