Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Ever since I upgraded to the iPhone 5, the default mail app is acting up. It frequently keeps hanging when checking for mail and it doesn't update the inbox until I close the app and re-open it again. This is also messing up my drafts and not saving them. This happens all the time and it is so annoying. Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix this?? I don't have any Exchange inboxes setup, so I don't think it has to do with whatever that issue was with Exchange accounts. Also, it happens on Wifi, LTE, and 3G.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

:confused:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
This seems like an obvious answer, but have you rebooted your iPhone? (Hold down Power & Home simultaneously until you see the apple on the screen and then let go of both at once?)

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
That has nothing to do with it. I've run the battery out on my phone several times before, which does the same thing, and the problem still persists. I did, however, notice that I actually did setup my Gmail account as an Exchange account, so maybe that is the problem. I can't remember why I did that. I think it was so I could get Gmail to push new emails, but I don't even use Push anymore, so I probably can delete the account and set it back up.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Just so you know, running the battery down to zero and doing a Hard Reset are not the same things. The result is not the same. :)

I agree that deleting the Gmail account and setting it up again as new might help.

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Gmail set up as an exchange account isn't the problem. Try deleting it and setting it up again.

Is having two Exchange accounts set up on my iPhone the problem, or does that not matter either?

----------

I deleted and re-setup the Gmail Exchange account, and it seems to be working great now, but can I have two Exchange accounts set up on one iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.