Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeRiches

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
Best iPhone Armband - Tuneband

I know I'm bringing up the rear on this post, but I ordered a regular case and armband recently. They arrived today and I can't say enough good things about the armband case. I pulled the trigger on the Tuneband. Love love love! Just read the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuneband-Grantwood-Technologys-Silicone-Protector/dp/B003ZZKL6U
51OAeWrbBhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fatboy71

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I use this one. I got my first one over 2 years ago and they are really good.

They are made of silicone so no matter how sweaty you get, its impossible for sweat to seep through to the inside where the iphone is.

There is no plastic covering over the screen area, which personally i like. On armbands that have a plastic covering over the iphone screen, i find that some impede the touch screen opertation, but with the Bone Collection armband this is not an issue.

http://www.bonecollection.com/en/products/detail/phone-sport-4s/

cellbanddotcom

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
WOW !!!

I about busted out laughing when I saw the video for the "CELL BAND". It looks like something off a saturday night live skit. Its just a 1980's work out wrist band with a piece of Velcro attached to it. For sure WONT be getting that, lol.

I believe the Arm pocket is the way to go, thanks for the info. :apple:

I still just don't understand why companies continue to make accessories for iphones that don't fit phones WITH cases. 80% of people have cases and the other 20% are idiots.

:D

We hold a competitive advantage over traditional upper arm holders because they are hard to put on, uncomfortable (causes chaffing), not machine washable, some contain carcinogenic and other toxic materials that cause cancer, the pouch causes moisture problems for phones, very limited as to what it can hold (such as iPhone only) and the way it can be worn.

Contrast “The CellBand 5 in 1” and you will quickly see the advantages and appreciate a good value product at a reasonable price.

First, “The CellBand 5 in 1” has an open designed allowing it to hold virtually all small hand held electronic devices and small items. “The CellBand 5 in 1” can hold but not limited to: Cell/Smart phones, ipods, MP3 players, bar code scanners, small tools, eye glasses, and anything three and a half inches wide, one and a quarter inches thick, and weigh thirteen ounces or less. The length can be a foot or more depending on what a person needs are.

Second, “The CellBand 5 in 1 is made of soft Terrycloth fabric containing 80 percent cotton, 12 percent elastic, and 8 percent nylon. It is also machine washable and can last well over five years if used on a daily basis and maintain properly. Football and basket ball players have been using the Terrycloth wrist band for over fifty years without any reports of cancer causing carcinogenic in them. We converted the Terrycloth wrist band into “The CellBand 5 in 1”.

Third, “The CellBand 5 in 1” can be worn as: a sports band, forearm holder, on a lanyard, with a waist belt and used as a prop. Also, “The CellBand 5 in 1” can prevent problems such as the misplace phone, or constantly holding the phone in ones hand. The comfortable CellBand 5 in 1 can be used 24/7. However, if all a person wants is a workout holder they need not look no further than the 5 in 1. When it comes to price, function, durability, maintenance, comfort, and compatibility, “The Cellband 5 in 1” blows the competition away!

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
I was exactly looking for an armband like this, and I'll have to check out the arm pocket but; I hope its big enough to fit the iPhone 5 which is supposed to be slightly bigger about the larger screen.

Here we go for such a several year long thread-

Speaking of the iPhone 5 in regards my past post. Armpocket has redesigned their i-20 sport so that it'll handle the iPhone 5 (http://www.armpocket.com/products/i-25-for-iPhone5.html)

I got one and I'll have to take some pictures of it with my iPhone 5 or perhaps a new thread to help others. :)

Fatboy71

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Here we go for such a several year long thread-

Speaking of the iPhone 5 in regards my past post. Armpocket has redesigned their i-20 sport so that it'll handle the iPhone 5 (http://www.armpocket.com/products/i-25-for-iPhone5.html)

I got one and I'll have to take some pictures of it with my iPhone 5 or perhaps a new thread to help others. :)

I'd be very interested to hear how good these are in respect to not allowing sweat to soak through the material of the armband and into the inner where the iPhone sits. Most of the lycra, neoprene type armbands after a sweaty training session let the sweat/moisture through to the inside where the iPhone is. The only one I know that doesn't is the Bone Sports armband which is made of silicone rubber and as such the moisture cannot penetrate it. But as yet there is no sign of a Bone Sports armband for the iPhone 5.

Can anyone shed any light on how well the Armpocket i25 is at stopping sweat penetrating through to where the iPhone is?

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
I'd be very interested to hear how good these are in respect to not allowing sweat to soak through the material of the armband and into the inner where the iPhone sits. Most of the lycra, neoprene type armbands after a sweaty training session let the sweat/moisture through to the inside where the iPhone is. The only one I know that doesn't is the Bone Sports armband which is made of silicone rubber and as such the moisture cannot penetrate it. But as yet there is no sign of a Bone Sports armband for the iPhone 5.

Can anyone shed any light on how well the Armpocket i25 is at stopping sweat penetrating through to where the iPhone is?

Good time- I'm currently uploading a few images of it. :)

Fatboy71

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Good time- I'm currently uploading a few images of it. :)

Thanks OverSpun.

I don't suppose you can give your opinion on if it allows sweat to soak through the material of the armband and into the inner compartment where the iPhone is can you?

Susan552

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
I got a Belkin, didnt even last 3 months, first the clear film glue started peeling off, then the armbang ring snapped. I need something durable, does anyone here have the armpocket for more then a year?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.