Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GregJA

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
The only thing I can't figure out is how to get my regular text messages onto my iPad, it is still just the imessages

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Should be about the same since Yahoo! used Weather Underground/The Weather Channel for its information.

I was simply commenting on the different icon in the weather app:p

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get my regular text messages onto my iPad, it is still just the imessages

did you try starting a conversation with a person that can't receive an iMessage?

Mosi

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
The Nations Capital
I am pleasantly surprised by how many apps are not broken by the update. Most everything has worked...so far with the exception of LastPass which actually really sucks cause that is on my first homescreen because I use it so much but hey those are the breaks of being on the bleeding edge.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
In the weather app, you now scroll down to see more information as opposed to tapping on the temperature as in iOS 7. I prefer how you do it in iOS 7. However, more days are available to see now.

WHAT.... IS THAT THE WEATHER CHANNEL LOGO I SEE... Now this is just to much for me... Now Im going to cry... This day has been amazing.

----------

Spotlight search.

It only appears like this the first time you use it. Once you have searched, this disappears.

Im liking that :) button for the emoji's

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Can someone PLEASE check the music app and see how albums are sorted. They DESTROYED it in iOS7. Hoping it is fixed.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
No, I get it. I was just saying it'd be odd if the data itself was different as it should be provided by the same source essentially.

Looking at weather.yahoo.com shows a weather channel icon as well. Probably has something to do with it

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
WHAT.... IS THAT THE WEATHER CHANNEL LOGO I SEE... Now this is just to much for me... Now Im going to cry... This day has been amazing.

----------

too perfect your comment was, definitely sums up apple's great day!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

----------

Is the logo better?

lmddawson

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
OH YES!

Finally the ability to addd music to a playlist straight from another playlist!

And the ability to delete albums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.