Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebpayne

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I have created my personal website at http://www.sebpayne.com using RapidWeaver and a few modifications to a standard theme.

I like my site a lot and I like RapidWeaver but I am concerned that I am 'locked in' as there is no way export blog posts, no proper permalink system (but I found a way around that) and that I can't blog from the internet (like from school) but I'm not sure how important this is.

The question I am asking - am I better sticking with RapidWeaver (as with my current site) or migrate to WordPress (or another CMS) for blog/static pages and photogallery. If you think I should move to a different system, any ideas on web gallery systems - the one RapidWeaver uses is very nice.

Should I be concerned about 'locked in'?

Seb

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I use WordPress on my site. I like it a lot. As for the gallery, I host my images on Flickr (great site!) and use a plug-in called fgallery to import them over.

My site ain't much to look at right now, but I have a custom template that I am almost ready to unleash. Now that finals are over!

sebpayne

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
kgarner: What do you use to organise photos on your computer? iPhoto?

Seb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.