Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Nope, i'm in the same boat, been trying for a few days on multiple machines, iliberty, ziphone will not recognize the phone, and itunes/xcode wont recognize 1.1.4.ipsw either.

Guess ill have to wait to buy a 3G and sell my old one when 2.0 final is out.

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I mean, I can use my phone in beta 5 it's just annoying not having all my apps I get on 1.1.4. :(

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
I rock :) so does

Ok, heres what you have to do if ziphone wont work:

Restore to a working ipsw, i did beta 5

While AT the PSOD hold the power and home for 10sec then release power and continue to hold home for another 5sec

The screen should be black and itunes should recogize it in DFU mode - if its not black you must restore and try again

Restore to 1.1.4 while in the black screen / DFU mode - error 1015

Run patched ziphone baseband downgrade - wait - it never gave me a "finished", I waited 10min and just quit it

Restore to 1.1.4 again - error 1015 again

use iliberty to exit recovery mode

Viola!

I tried for days to get 114 to work, you must use dfu mode.

--

Since 258 wont goto a PSOD for me I had to use 274 for DFU mode

On the first step, if you hold the power too long or too short, it will goto recovery, you MUST restore to a bootable PSOD and try again to get into DFU mode

Tools and alternate method from http://command-interactive.com/iPhone/guides/2.0beta/downgrade

Thanks AlJaMa and kIREmK

The General

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
That's the thing, I can't get to PSOD because the only firmware that I am able to restore to is beta 5! :mad:

I have tried restoring to beta 4 but it gives me error 1015 and I can't get it out of DFU mode. :(

I can restore and unplug my internet and get a PSOD with a slide to unlock, will that work?

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
That's the thing, I can't get to PSOD because the only firmware that I am able to restore to is beta 5! :mad:

I have tried restoring to beta 4 but it gives me error 1015 and I can't get it out of DFU mode. :(

I can restore and unplug my internet and get a PSOD with a slide to unlock, will that work?

The restore mode is what you WERE trying.
Get to the PSOD, then goto dfu (black screen), if you see restore mode on the phone start over.
Trust me, i tried for days to restore , the only restore that works is when the screen is black, then itll fail to 1015, then iliberty will kick it out, but itll have the the most recent firmware, 1.1.4 is fine with that but you have to downgrade the baseband with ziphone to restore to ANYTHING again.

If anyone has any questions email me jpyre@*NOSPAM*comcast.net

Nerdcoder

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2006
O.k...

Original post was about not being able to get into DFU mode... Well...
I remember something about my iphone being a version b or 2nd or something like that...
That made me wonder if JPyre's solution didn't work on my iphone, because of a change in the way to get in to the DFU mode...

I found a video on youtube where he did the following:
Press and hold home and power
when screen goes black wait 2 sec. and release power
Wait for itunes to recognize the iphone...

That's it!
It worked for me!

Now on to the rest of the steps... ;-)

Best regards
Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.