Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Just a bit suspicious given the recent "mobile.me" rumours ...

Everyone in my location (me included) is reporting that .Mac email servers are not responding at all right now. Also the sync services are down. Could be nothing I suppose but suspicious nonetheless.

Some of the email is showing up on webmail, but none of the clients can sync or access the .Mac mail server.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
It's been down all day here. If you log into the .mac website, it shows that the mail service is having issues for 100% of their users.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I can check my .Mac mail on the website or on my iPhone, but Mail.app isn't working.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I can check my .Mac mail on the website or on my iPhone, but Mail.app isn't working.

Strangely, my MBP's Mail.app to .Mac works (at least, it doesn't complain) and it's 1 foot to my left. Whilst my MDD's (which I'm using) Mial.app has little triangle complaint icons next to my .Mac mail.

Both are 10.5.3.

Odd.

psiachris

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2007
Down for me as well but I'm concerned as I'm getting a message stating that it rejected my password. Connection doctor states logging in failed, please make sure username and password are valid.

First messages I got just before were about the port 993.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
It's gone from bad to worse. Now the webmail interface is down as well.

I'm not very tolerant of email outages. I think they are unacceptable. The email server provided by my domain host has been rock solid for years. .Mac and Gmail seem to have periodic outages.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Do you think Apple have gone all green and switch off everything when they go home at 5pm?

MLeepson

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
USA
At first I couldn't even get to the .mac home page. now that I'm there it says:
! Your information could not be displayed. Click here to try again.

and the email button is greyed out.

hiimamac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Boston
At first I couldn't even get to the .mac home page. now that I'm there it says:

and the email button is greyed out.

I keep getting password error - if I go online, I can log in but cannot access the mail portion.

Man, while I hope it grows big time, the fear of them turning a deaf ear to PRO users and focusing on the bread and butter (good business sense of course) of iPhones, iPods and probably cater to Windows users, I hope they don't change the .mac email extension.

What worries me is how they dropped computer from the APPLE name and then MAC from everyone that works in their stores in order to taylor to other OS's.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
.Mac mail HOSED. Way to go, Apple...

Totally down in San Diego.

UNSAT, Apple. Doing upgrades should be transparent to your user base, NOT affecting "100% of .Mac users". :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.