Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
When I get the new MBP, I will be also investing in a external mouse and keyboard, just wondering weather I should the wireless keyboard and mouse from Mac, or the ones with cords..I heard, the ones with cords, are always better more latency etc..

jeff3221

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
I would go for the corded keyboard because it has two usb ports on it. The wireless keyboard is just too small for a normal keyboard to me. IMO I would go for another brand for a mouse because of better features, price and variety.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The problem with the USB ports on the wired keyboards is that they aren't powered, so things like USB flash drives and other items that depend on power from the USB port will not work.

If you can find the Apple Wireless Pro Keyboard (the full-sized one before the aluminum version came out) then I highly recommend getting it. I have one and use it a wireless keyboard for a Mac mini, and love it.

And for what it does, I like the wireless mighty mouse, but to each his own. I'd say get it if you like the wired version. My only complaint with the wireless version (I have two) is that there seems to me more play between the top and bottom halves of the mouse, and so the tactile feedback of clicking the mouse isn't quite the same as in the wired version.

anirban

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I agree with scaredpoet that the previous generation of wireless Apple keyboard were the best ones. I use one with my MBP, and I do not notice any difference in keystroke response/delay as compared to the wired one.

If you can get the previous version, I would highly recommend it.

MacBookJoePro

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2006
I agree with scaredpoet that the previous generation of wireless Apple keyboard were the best ones. I use one with my MBP, and I do not notice any difference in keystroke response/delay as compared to the wired one.

If you can get the previous version, I would highly recommend it.

+1 for the older wireless apple keyboard. I have one and absolutely love it. As for the mouse, it does depend on user preference. I love the logitech MX Revolution mouse.

bmwpowere36m3

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
I'd say forget the keyboard as you have one in front of you and just get a wireless mouse, I'd recommend Bluetooth as it'll free up a USB port. Some like the might-mouse and some don't. I played around with one, while it looks awesome...I think it sacrifices some ergonomics for that.

I ended up getting a Logitech MX900 Bluetooth wireless mouse which is great. I was part of Logitech Cordless Desktop MX for Bluetooth, which includes a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I say, go test out some mice and see what you like.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
The problem with the USB ports on the wired keyboards is that they aren't powered, so things like USB flash drives and other items that depend on power from the USB port will not work.

If you can find the Apple Wireless Pro Keyboard (the full-sized one before the aluminum version came out) then I highly recommend getting it. I have one and use it a wireless keyboard for a Mac mini, and love it.

And for what it does, I like the wireless mighty mouse, but to each his own. I'd say get it if you like the wired version. My only complaint with the wireless version (I have two) is that there seems to me more play between the top and bottom halves of the mouse, and so the tactile feedback of clicking the mouse isn't quite the same as in the wired version.

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead but I'm currently looking for a keyboard and mouse for my recently purchased 1.83ghz C2D Mac Mini. My friend has his old M9270LL/A keyboard and is offering to sell it on me. We'll work price out based on what it's going for on ebay w/ the completed listings, but I just wanted to confirm, this is probably something I should go with? as of a year ago, it seemed a lot of people were for the older Apple keyboard.

Unfortunately he doesn't have a mouse so I'll have to figure out something for that. It'd be nice to have something that matches the keyboard and computer, but at the same time, I'll be using the 24" Dell 2408WFP monitor so since that won't match, guess there's no need for anything else to really match.

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
I would go for the corded keyboard because it has two usb ports on it. The wireless keyboard is just too small for a normal keyboard to me. IMO I would go for another brand for a mouse because of better features, price and variety.

+1

Use corded keyboard (new one, chicklet keys)
Use corded Kensington 4 button mouse with scroll wheel. (Model 72121, old, but goes with this macbook for looks)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.