Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Just installed perpage from cydia, pressed respring and it's stuck on a black screen with the white loading circle which spins then freezes and spins again, over and over.
Tried a hard reset and it's Not helped, apple logo comes up for a bit then it goes back to the loading circle. I don't have my laptop with my to plug into but it's plugged into the wall to charge and while it's on this loading screen it keeps vibrating twice like when you first plug in to charge.

Any ideas of button conpmbinations etc to get it back on?

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Oh, its 5.0.1 ip4 untethered. I have no idea I just downloaded the first one on cydia. So it's an incompatible app?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Oh, its 5.0.1 ip4 untethered. I have no idea I just downloaded the first one on cydia. So it's an incompatible app?

yup you downloaded a cracked app and the bad thing about cracked app repos or files is they don't always tell you the firmware is supported. your option is SSH to remove or restore and rejailbreak. it's a $2 app I'm guessing the Dev stopped supporting it because of lack of funds or paid support but that's a guess.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Superb, I'm new to this jailbreaking stuff. I thought everything on cydia was free, didn't know there was cracked stuff on there too! What's SSH and how do I use it to remove the files? Is that a programme you run on your computer?

Cheers for the help, im useless with computators :(

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Superb, I'm new to this jailbreaking stuff. I thought everything on cydia was free, didn't know there was cracked stuff on there too! What's SSH and how do I use it to remove the files? Is that a programme you run on your computer?

Cheers for the help, im useless with computators :(

Yup this is why we try to get people to do research 1st! Hi I'm new to bomb building can I cross these wires? :eek: if you don't know what ssh is then your not setup for it.. time to restore.. this thread is worth a read! for starters!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/983491/

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
I do research but usually just get stuck in, learn by doing! Cheers for the help

----------

With it stuck like this what will happen when plug it into my computer, will it just say I have to restore it then I just start with a factory fresh iPhone? It's been on wifi and plugged in today so should be backed up on the cloud, am I right?

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
right, ive plugged in and its got as far as step 4/5 on syncing my phone to itunes (theres no change with the phone its hanging on the same screen)
ive clicked restore, clicked through the screens that follow an now itunes has completely frozen. phones still vibrating away now and again.

HELP! what now?? :confused:

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Download iExplorer and use it to access the iPhone. I was stuck in infinite boot loop at one time from Dreamboard, and had to access the phone and delete it via iExplorer to stop it. Sounds like you're in a similar position.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
All good, thankfully it was plugged in on wifi just before it happened so I had a recent cloud backup.
I just put it in restore mode, cancelled the sync and reinstalled iOS. Set the phone up on screen and restored the cloud backup. It's installing all my apps etc now, apart from my jb tweaks it's right back to how it was.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
yup you downloaded a cracked app and the bad thing about cracked app repos or files is they don't always tell you the firmware is supported. your option is SSH to remove or restore and rejailbreak. it's a $2 app I'm guessing the Dev stopped supporting it because of lack of funds or paid support but that's a guess.

How does he get a cracked version without specifically pointing to a "gray" repo? Out of the box, Cydia doesn't point to these kinds of depositories, does it?

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
How does he get a cracked version without specifically pointing to a "gray" repo? Out of the box, Cydia doesn't point to these kinds of depositories, does it?

I added a few repositories based on an article I found online, I looked again and one of them was specifically for cracked apps.
Not gonna bother with the jb this time round, I don't know what the hell I'm doin haha

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Not gonna bother with the jb this time round, I don't know what the hell I'm doin haha
C'mon man!

None of us knew what we were doing when we first started. Some might argue that I still don't know what I'm doing.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I added a few repositories based on an article I found online, I looked again and one of them was specifically for cracked apps.

Nah man, jailbreak again. I thought I bricked my girlfriend's iPhone when jailbreaking it but all was fine afterwards. Just always remember to back up before jailbreaking it and only install things from trusted repos. You didn't get rid of your computer after your first virus, did you?

Just hang around this forum and others and you'll get the hang of things.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Screw it, Jb'ing again now. Any links to repo's I should stick to and which I should avoid? I had hackulous and xsellize I think

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
piracy is not tolerated on these forums bud...just letting ya know.

I know, it wasn't deliberate. As much as that's hard to believe I'm happy to pay for my stuff, got hundreds of pounds worth of apps from the app store. I was jailbreaking for themes and whatnot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.