Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rock3ralex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Hey guys, I have a late 2010 model MacBook Air. Half of the screen on the left is dark and the right is a bit lighters. The main problem is every now and then a section of the right screen, about 2 inches wide and all the way from the top to the bottom of the screen gets this weird line sensation going through it like the screen is broke. It goes away and that section acts normal then comes back. Do you guys think this is an LCD, logic board or cable problem?

suvj4n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
It goes away and that section acts normal then comes back. Do you guys think this is an LCD, logic board or cable problem?
It could be any of those. Or something else. There's no way to tell without taking it apart and testing each component.

The left-half-screen being darker might be the same issue, or it might be different. Again, no way to tell without taking it apart.

If you can't take it apart (and reassemble it) yourself, then take it in for repairs.

bigtree5476

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
I have the same issue also with my MacBook Air 2010 version
What was the problem exactly?
What did you have to get fixed?
My screen does the same thing.

t0rr3s

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2010
bollocks, just noticed this today in my mid 2012 11" mba. and out of warranty too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.