Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Today my camera suddenly went all purple (no, I wasn't pointing at a bright spot). It happened multiple times. I closed the Camera app in the multitasking bar and restarted the camera and it's been fine ever since, but it was a rather strange experience. Anyone else experience something similar?

In the screenshot below I was pointing at a white piece of paper in well lit conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_1206.PNG
    IMG_1206.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 264

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I would save a copy of that screen shot to take to the Apple store to prove this if it does it again. Not normal:rolleyes:

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Actually this is a new feature with iOS6 designed to stop you from plagiarising documents. Whenever you point it at something and it detects that it's a piece of paper with sensitive data, it automatically shows the purple FBI screen (yes thats the photo terrorists see when their site has been taken down by the FBI) but dont worry, your information isnt sent to the FBI. But after 3 attempts of copying sensitive data, the camera permanently locks and you cant unlock it without buying a new iphone. im glad apple has finally taken a stand against plaigarism and shame on you for trying.

aquadisiac

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
US
Actually this is a new feature with iOS6 designed to stop you from plagiarising documents. Whenever you point it at something and it detects that it's a piece of paper with sensitive data, it automatically shows the purple FBI screen (yes thats the photo terrorists see when their site has been taken down by the FBI) but dont worry, your information isnt sent to the FBI. But after 3 attempts of copying sensitive data, the camera permanently locks and you cant unlock it without buying a new iphone. im glad apple has finally taken a stand against plaigarism and shame on you for trying.

really?

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008

Wow, that explains it! Thanks.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
I had that once on my 3rd replacement iPhone 5, I restarted the app and it's never happened again. I have had the phone for a week now and not a single issue.

When it happened I only had my 3rd replacement for a few hours. I'm going to assume this is another camera software bug.

Pictures and videos are very sharp, so no issue there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.