Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I noticed that all of the shots of iOS 7 used white iPhones, with some here speculating that iOS 7 would look bad on a black iPhone.

I decided to do a quick Photoshop mockup so we can judge for ourselves. It's not perfect, as I didn't mess with the reflection, but it gives a pretty good idea.

I think it's looks great! I can't wait to install it.

Attachments

• Black-iOS7.jpg
    Black-iOS7.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 2,050

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Hmm.. I'll admit it does look a bit jarring in Mail and Safari to come from a completely white top bar and straight to black (being the iPhone itself) If anyone has a black iPhone running iOS 7 does it look as jarring as one may think?

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
I completely agree..i was kinda shocked to see that none of the features introduced in WWDC were on black phones..

is it they are going to stop the black model from 5S or what ??

MsDalfo

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
I thought I read somewhere that there was a black and white scheme (much like the Android phones have)?

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
it doesnt look as nice on the black phone.

too much contrast.

I don't think this os was very well thought out. Probably rushed. As if someone saw the google now app and said omg we better do that from now on. It certainly doesn't look like anyone questioned how the theme looked on the black phone.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
Well what you people need to do is remove the default wallpaper and change it with something else. White and black always looked good with pastel blue. Now change it to something else and see if it still looks as beautiful as it does with the blue one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.