Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I got home today and wasted no time opening up my new iPhone 6 Plus. (Thing is Huge) I purchased a Spigen Neo Hybrid in Revention Yellow.

02AF5045-17DE-43BA-9BBC-EFF3E6001D48_zpsrfjobsnr.jpg

I own a Neo Hybrid EX Slim for my 5s and it was the reasoning for trying out the case for the 6 Plus. First thoughts, It fits well and looks good installed on the phone.

IMG_0878_zpsce753f13.jpg

Nice lip around the display to save it if its placed on a surface face down or dropped onto the ground.

IMG_0869_zps8b90f59e.jpg

The case is raised enough to protect the rear camera if its placed down on its back on a desk etc.

IMG_0874_zps3d3297bc.jpg

All ports and buttons line up perfectly.

IMG_0872_zps53892df7.jpg

IMG_0877_zps6ebaa014.jpg

After reading the Spigengate thread and people complaining about the buttons not working. I have to say they work fine on mine, Maybe need a little extra push than without the case but they do work without any modding on the UK version that i have received.

I noticed alot more room around the lighting port compared to my Neo Hybrid EX slim for my 5s so im sure this will be good for people with aftermarket lighting cables.

IMG_0873_zpsfe42bbf8.jpg

The case is nice and tight on the phone no sagging sides and no way that the phone will slide or pop out of the case if dropped from a standing height. It would require a fair knock to the ground to dislodge it from the case.

Overall it feels good in the hand. The back of the case is textured which gives you a nice grip of the phone when its in your hand. Does not feel like it will slip out of your hand when holding it.

IMG_0871_zpsdf8a5570.jpg

Overall i am very pleased with this case and would certainly recommend it to others.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
Thanks Paul,
Where did you purchase from in the uk?

I quite like the yellow!

Is the back grippy, as in it is like a rubber texture?

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Thanks Paul,
Where did you purchase from in the uk?

I quite like the yellow!

Is the back grippy, as in it is like a rubber texture?

Hello, I bought it from Spigen's UK eBay store. Yes i love the colour too. I have the same color on my 5s Neo Hybrid EX slim.

Yes the back is a textured rubbery type surface and gives you a nice firm grip of the phone. I did have an HTC One M8 at launch and had a Spigen Slim Armour on it. That case was sold very quickly as it was as slippery as a fish! That is why i stayed away from that version for the six plus. This case feels very grippy and you certainly wont have any issues with it slipping out of your hand when in use.

----------

Does it have a lip to protect the screen when face-down?

As i said in my little review, There is a lip and the display will be off the surface if placed face down.

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Thanks dude! :)

----------

By the way, when did you order and how long did delivery take?

I per-ordered it not expecting it to be with me till the end of September but they must have gotten stock in and i received last week.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
Out of curiosity, how much does this case affect the feel of the phone in your hand?

The case looks slim and chic and is at the top of my considerations for my 6+ (on order).

[Edit: Does this case make it difficult to put the phone in or take the phone out of your pocket?]

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Out of curiosity, how much does this case affect the feel of the phone in your hand?

The case looks slim and chic and is at the top of my considerations for my 6+ (on order).

[Edit: Does this case make it difficult to put the phone in or take the phone out of your pocket?]

If anything i personally think it improves the feel of the phone when its in your hand as it offers a nice sense of grip. Its certainly not a big chunky case like some of the others available, But at the same time it will give you that added protection if it is dropped. I have been out a couple of times today and although the back is textured it slips in and out of my jeans pockets and jacket pockets with ease. Its not like some cases which feel really rubbery to the extent where they stick to fabrics etc.

I think they have nailed it with this case, Very slim whilst also offering plenty of protection to the phone and it is also quite nice looking too.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
If anything i personally think it improves the feel of the phone when its in your hand as it offers a nice sense of grip. Its certainly not a big chunky case like some of the others available, But at the same time it will give you that added protection if it is dropped. I have been out a couple of times today and although the back is textured it slips in and out of my jeans pockets and jacket pockets with ease. Its not like some cases which feel really rubbery to the extent where they stick to fabrics etc.

I think they have nailed it with this case, Very slim whilst also offering plenty of protection to the phone and it is also quite nice looking too.

Sorry about another question, but are you having any problems with the buttons? Some people are saying there is a problem with feedback from the buttons on some Spigen cases.

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Been looking at ordering this case myself so it's nice to hear a positive review, you've said the back of the case provides decent grip but can you tell me about the the grip on the sides as they look quite shiny ?

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Sorry about another question, but are you having any problems with the buttons? Some people are saying there is a problem with feedback from the buttons on some Spigen cases.

The buttons all work fine on my case. They do take a good push in for them to work but they always work first time for me. I am in the UK so not sure if mine is the reworked version of the case or not. I believe the fix is simply a small strip over the buttons on the inside of the case and this will cure the issue.

----------

Been looking at ordering this case myself so it's nice to hear a positive review, you've said the back of the case provides decent grip but can you tell me about the the grip on the sides as they look quite shiny ?

The sides are shiny yes but it honestly does not affect the grip of the phone. Reason being is the phone is that large so at a minimum you are always going to have a few fingers touching the back casing giving you that textured grip every time you go to handle the phone so its not an issue.

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
The buttons all work fine on my case. They do take a good push in for them to work but they always work first time for me. I am in the UK so not sure if mine is the reworked version of the case or not. I believe the fix is simply a small strip over the buttons on the inside of the case and this will cure the issue.

----------

The sides are shiny yes but it honestly does not affect the grip of the phone. Reason being is the phone is that large so at a minimum you are always going to have a few fingers touching the back casing giving you that textured grip every time you go to handle the phone so its not an issue.

Cheers for that think I'll order one, showing preorder for the 30th on ebay so guessing stock is low.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I took some pictures as well that I posted in another thread but thought I would post them here too.

My thoughts...
> Buttons sometimes don't register...spigen has sent an email out to (most) purchasers saying they are sending rubber shims that help.
> The bumper part is a bit slick
> The ring/silence switch is hard to reach unless you have a bit of fingernail.
> Light weight, adds very little bulk, more width than thickness.
> extruding camera lens is no longer an issue with the case.

I happen to do computer hardware reviews and have a nice little photo both setup.

spigen-1.jpg

spigen-2.jpg

spigen-3.jpg

spigen-4.jpg

spigen-5.jpg

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
Best looking case IMO. Is it hard to get the phone in and out? Do you feel that inserting and removing the phone often could product scratches?

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
It's a little tough to get it out...I definitely wouldn't want to be doing it a lot. I don't see any risk of scratches, the part touching the phone is actually rubbery.

schizbomb

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Texas
Does your volume button work right?

My Neo Hybrid gold and red one both have an issue where the upper volume button is also triggering the lower one.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Does your volume button work right?

My Neo Hybrid gold and red one both have an issue where the upper volume button is also triggering the lower one.

They work ok, I don't have that problem but I have to push harder than normal to get it to register. I'm hoping the shims they send will fix that and not cause the issue you are describing.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I have a Neo Hybrid in gunmetal that I'm waiting on the delivery of my button fix to decide whether to keep or not. I like the case...slim, looks good, but it's extremely hard to get my volume up to work (down is fine).

Oh, and seeing your pics makes me wish I'd purchased the yellow. That looks awesome.

cleirac

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
I was about to get but it received an intense amount of mixed reviews plus I am all set in NOT buying any case with (non-Apple) branding. Bought a lot of them for my iP5 but ended up being naked most of the time like I did for all my iPhones.

Is this the same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00LLGNF1S/s=sd/ref=mw_dp_cr

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
Looks great. Glad I got the yellow. I should have it next week which is fine since AT&T seems to be in no rush to deliver me a phone. I got the yellow because it reminds me of a Boss 302. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.