Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Original poster
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
Hey guys and gals, Mitchel here. You may have read some of my articles around MacRumors, I'm a morning guy here at the site. Given that Apple Watch order status and shipping date drama is overflowing the internet this week, I figured it would only be apt to dedicate a thread so fellow southerners could share their Apple Watch pre-order model/time/delivery status. Maybe we can see a pattern or something? If not, it's another reason to vent about not knowing when our $600 Mickey Mouse watches are coming in.

So, I'll start: I got the 42mm SS Case with White Sport Band. My email confirmation is time-stamped at 2:07 AM Central Time, but I'm pretty sure I was in there at least under 5 minutes after the hour.

I got charged around the same time as a lot of people late yesterday afternoon, and my order has since upgraded to "Preparing for Shipment" with that same evil 4/24 - 5/8 delivery estimate. Also I'm from Lafayette, LA, which is decently far south.

UPDATE: Woohoo! So earlier this morning I signed up for UPS "My Choice" to see if I could get any of these elusive text/email updates on a shipment coming to my house. It worked! At almost exactly noon central, I got an update saying a shipment from Apple would be here 4/24 "Between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM."

Though my bank account now reads the Watch charge as never happened, which worries me (I guess they were just testing my account for security purposes?), it appears I should be getting my Watch this Friday. So PSA to you guys: try signing up for My Choice, it's a pain in the ass, but it could help assuage some of your concern at a faster rate. Also, my Apple Store account does still say 4/24-5/8 for those wondering.

Last edited:

BellaMaggs

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
Hi, I'm in BR and have not been charged yet. Ordered a 42mm SS Black Classic strap for hubby and 38mm SS Milanese Loop for me around 2:07-2:09 and still just have the dreaded 4/24-5/8 Processing status. :/

DredPirateStorm

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
I'm in the Atlanta area and I bought the 42mm Space Grey Sport. My confirmation email was received at 3:04. No charge and no change in status yet.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I'm in Lake Charles, and I ordered the Space Black SS, so I'm in the 4-6 week shipping time. May 13-27.

geauxmac

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
I'm in New Orleans, confirmation email came in at 2:03am, ordered a 38mm Sport, white band, and it's preparing to ship and my card was charged yesterday.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I'm in Little Rock. I used to be in Chalmette until Aug 29, 2005 :-0. I ordered the 42mm Sport Blue & received confirmation dated 2:02 AM with 4/24 - 5/8 range. My neighbor ordered 42 Sport Green & my brother in Memphis ordered the same & both also ordered immediately after orders opened. We are all 3 charged & preparing for shipment. My mother's 42 Sport Pink was ordered around 2:10 AM & she is in the 4-6 week group. She is also in Memphis

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
I'm in Olive Branch, MS and ordered the 42mm Stainless steel with Milanese loop. Placed the order at 2:04am CST and received my email at 2:05am CST. I'm still in processing. I have the 4/24 - 5/8 shipping window.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
tennessee orders shipping from mt juliet

got my email for shipping :) 4/24

42mm blue sport
2:04am cst
charged and preap shipping yesterday.

ups.JPG

ups2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
CHECKED MYUPS CHOICE! Delivery set for Friday!

42MM SG & 38MM SS w/ Classic buckle!

Coming from TN

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Me too. 38mm blue sport scheduled for this Friday!!

Now .... continue to wait the 42 SG to do something. Anything.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
sweet. hoping we get ours friday morning

im afraid not morning :( not for me that i know ups are worst when it comes to deliver to my house . but you might get it early since your in nashville and im in hendersonville.

FIY you can use your apple order or phonenumber in to track it via reference and if you do TRACK IT VIA APPLE ORDER REMOVE THE W##### SO IT READS 20453WO INSTEAD OF W20453WO OR WHTEVER YOU HAVE.

----------

Are you in Tennessee or what state?

yes it does saying my location of my profile hendersonville tn

----------

well not ranting or whatnot but just dont know why it weights 2lbs lol :rolleyes: wasnt those two people we had earlier saying something about metro customs brokers has 2lbs also?

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Im wondering about the weight too. I ordered two watches and the shipment on UPS states 2.80 lbs.

I did separate orders but they are both coming to the same house and used the same credit card.

I'm in Miami, FL btw.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Im wondering about the weight too. I ordered two watches and the shipment on UPS states 2.80 lbs.

I did separate orders but they are both coming to the same house and used the same credit card.

I'm in Miami, FL btw.

single watch here and im not so into geo stuff but is fl under southeast? or what if so then im guessing there using mt juliet hub to ship that side of region

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Actually, I just got an update on UPS. 2nd package now shows up, they shipped separately.

Yes Miami, FL is SE I'm guessing TN was their distribution center for SE watch orders

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Actually, I just got an update on UPS. 2nd package now shows up, they shipped separately.

Yes Miami, FL is SE I'm guessing TN was their distribution center for SE watch orders

oh ok thanks so whats your total weight? 2.80= for which watch and whats the other watch weight?

mines 42mm sport blue = 2.30lbs

----------

Central Indiana coming from Mt. Juliet as well.

weight? :p

----------

that watch is so close to me :( maybe an hr drive :mad::mad::mad::(

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
oh ok thanks so whats your total weight? 2.80= for which watch and whats the other watch weight?

mines 42mm sport blue = 2.30lbs

----------

weight? :p

----------

that watch is so close to me :( maybe an hr drive :mad::mad::mad::(

Weight = 2.20 For 42mm SG
Weight = 2.80 For 38mm SS w/ classic buckle

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Original poster
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana
Hi, I'm in BR and have not been charged yet. Ordered a 42mm SS Black Classic strap for hubby and 38mm SS Milanese Loop for me around 2:07-2:09 and still just have the dreaded 4/24-5/8 Processing status. :/

Hey nearby neighbor! We seem to be in nearly the same boat. Really hoping that date shifts at least by tomorrow.

----------

I'm in Lake Charles, and I ordered the Space Black SS, so I'm in the 4-6 week shipping time. May 13-27.
The demand for the Space Black is really unfortunate for those who got it, hopefully it'll come in sooner for you guys, like Apple suggested.
I'm in New Orleans, confirmation email came in at 2:03am, ordered a 38mm Sport, white band, and it's preparing to ship and my card was charged yesterday.
Another similar case here, lot of people seem to have been charged and see "preparing for shipment" at the moment.
Mobile alabama, i have been charged,and i have been preparing for ship since yesterday at 3pm. i ordered at 2:02ct
I think yours is the fastest order I've seen, ordered online or on the app?

emelkay

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
United States
My husband said that when he worked for UPS the weights differed by a few ounces depending on the hastiness of the person doing the scanning and weighing. i.e. if they put the load down slightly harder, it may be heavier than the last by a few ounces and vice versa. Not sure if that's the case here, but thought it might be worth mentioning:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.