Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Hello all,

I'm trying to setup a 3-disk system so that I have one boot disk with only the OS and apps on it, and the other two in a mirrored (RAID 1) setup with ALL data possible, including docs, movies, photos, etc. I was already able to move my Aperture library but am really having problems with the home directory such as the Docs, Movies, and Music folders.

I don't want to go out and buy any more gear, so please leave those comments "at home". I'm OK with reinstalling OS X, repartitioning, etc, etc. I have a clean slate right now.

Thanks!
-T

termina3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
TX
For the purposes of the search engine, and general intersest (doesn't seem to be that much out there...) I'm posting my solution, which is semi-supported by AppleCare:

I installed OS X on the boot volume, but aliased the documents and videos folder to the RAID volume.

I changed my iTunes library over to the RAID setup, and did the same with my Aperture library.

This solution covers all of my documents, movies, pictures, and music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.