Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MalcolmSlaney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Does anybody have any insight into a good all-in-one printer for a mostly Macintosh network?

I'd like to get a automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning. The HP C7280 looks good, especially because I can print to it over the network and then leave the USB plugged into one computer for scanning. But the Amazon reviews are mostly horrible, and one of them pointed me towards the Canon PIXMA MP830.

The Canon PIXMA MP830 reviews either say it's perfect, or it's the biggest piece of garbage made.. not much in the middle (many people complaining about the ink cartridges aren't recognized.) Both are in the $200 range.

But how Mac friendly are these two printers? I've got an old HP that installs a bunch of not very pretty applications.

I don't like the business model that requires us to pay an arm and a leg for ink.. but I hate even more having to throw out a big piece of plastic and restart the search.

Thanks.

- Malcolm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.