Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sravana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Texas
Hello all,
I will be buying a 24" iMac as soon as it's updated (Oct, I hope!), and I'm wondering if it's possible to hook up some kind of TV tuner to use it as a TV. I know that you can buy a TV to use as a monitor with the MacMini, but I'd rather go with the all-in-one iMac.

FWIW, I also don't have cable (I know, I'm a dinosaur!)... for that matter, I don't even own a TV right now. :p I am just hoping that there's some way to avoid having to buy both the computer and a TV.

Thanks!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I dont think you can hook up a component cable into the eyeTV but i know you can hook up RCA cables.
That is awesome...

Another question for anyone who has purchased one before. If you purchase one of the pieces of hardware do you then have to buy the software as well?

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Perfect. One last question. Is this the best place to buy them? From Elgato themselves?

I'm pretty much ready to go all in on this one.

Edit: I found it at Amazon direct from them for $175. I think I'll get one tomorrow!

Just to double check, this will work with my standard analog cable and even show all those guides with just that? Man am I pumped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.