Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Is it just me or is that place just a little on teh expensive side? I mean £6.5 a bit much for a bottle of water. I'd pay at most £1.5 equivalent for a bottle, but maybe thats just one of those exchange rate things?
That's just a seriously expensive place they were at. Most places in London don't even stock Cristal let alone methuselahs of it, so we can assume the club was at the expensive end of the scale.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Looking at the receipt on the This Is London page, it looks like he only paid £94,000 anyway. I can't figure out the maths on that one; even if he refused to pay the service charge, the drinks plus tax still comes to £95,000.

Tight b'stard. :rolleyes:

Maybe some of the party was still at school and got an EDU discount. Otherwise someone is a mediocre businessman with rubbish haggling skills.

TRUTH

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2007
I am astonished!!
you work hard to gain money to live then you loose it in a minute by drinking these killer drinks??
you don't know one day you'll loose your health and your money??
don't you know that wine causes brain damage!!
that what i can say here......:confused:

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
£4.50 a can for red bull? ouch. someone really did see that lot coming. I mean london's expensive, but that's just crazy.

Even if I had that kind of money, I'd not be able to waste it like that. I'd just spend £100,000 in Asda instead. Get 4x as wasted for the same price :D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
MPW....
I didn't drink wine in my life coz my religion prevents us from drinking such things ....
all the researches agree that these drinks cause many diseases as it contains alot of alcohol which is so dangerous !!
read this
http://www.unm.edu/~cosap/RESEARCH.HTM#heavysocial

I do want to give u my advice that's all :)
If you'd like to discuss the down sides of drinking, ok, perhaps start a new thread on it and hope it doesn't get out of hand. However, if you want to discuss it from a religious point of view I can assure you it won't go down quite as easily. Those threads are taken to the Politics, Religion and Social Issues forum, which you must have 100 posts to post in.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
If you'd like to discuss the down sides of drinking, ok, perhaps start a new thread on it and hope it doesn't get out of hand. However, if you want to discuss it from a religious point of view I can assure you it won't go down quite as easily. Those threads are taken to the Politics, Religion and Social Issues forum, which you must have 100 posts to post in.

LOL PWNED.. :p

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Me drink wine, me no damaged on brian.:confused:

lmfao. Awesome. :D

you work hard to gain money to live then you loose it in a minute by drinking these killer drinks??
you don't know one day you'll loose your health and your money??

Yep, work hard, earn his money spend it how he wants. Wants to spend it on 'Killer Drinks' then who are you (Or I, for that matter) to say other wise.

Yep, I will 'loose all my health' one day, be it 2mora or 70 years from now. That is a fact of life, if your number is up, your number is up. Just hope your not on the plane when the pilots number is up. ;)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I am astonished!!
We don't know whether he does actually work for his money though. He could be second or third generation rich for all we know. In which case he doesn't even need his brain cells. He can pay people to think for him :)

multiman101

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2007
Aberdeen, Wa.
Just a Bit Decadent

How about a Bentley, some nice acreage somewhere, start an orphanage, give to the red cross. If rich people haven't anything better to spend they'er money on, damn give me some! Takes me years to earn that kind of money, what a waste. Well, I certainly hope they had a smashing time. I could have done that for about $2000 and still have been kicking myself in the morning. Oh, them silly oil people anyway, money to burn and wipe with.:eek:

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
This doesn't make sense. 40 bottles of Cristal champagne cost £15,360. This means that a bottle would cost £384. Then why did they waste £30,000 on a Methuselah when they could have got the same quantity of champagne in normal bottles for £3072? And again why £9600 for two Jeroboams when they could have bought eight normal bottles for £3072?

Different vintages..... this can drastically change the price.

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Is not the price but can some one devide the total amount of liters and divide it into the number of people?

Too much alchohol for a human been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.