Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Since updating my SE and iPad Pro I've had noticeably bad battery life. My phone died on me for the first time just playing music in my studio and the iPad drops 10% before I even get out of bed just checking social media.
Anyone else?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Because of all the variables in battery life, it is very difficult to pinpoint down if its an iOS update causing battery life issues, a corrupted install of iOS, a stuck processor/setting and just your overall settings. There are a few steps you can take, but comparing to others won't really help you.

Step 1: Delete any recently installed apps.
Step 2: Reset all settings.
Step 3: Backup and restore.
Step 4: Restore as new.

Only continue onto the next step after you have verified the previous step did not work.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Definitely noticed a decrease in battery life. I'd normally be on around 70% ish battery right this moment however I'm sitting on 47%...

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Did a little bit of testing, and battery life on my SE is actually a lot better. I'm getting almost 6 hours of usage and 18 hours of standby. Note that this was with music playing quite a bit, some games, and almost constant usage.

jonobin

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
Just let it do his stuff for a day or two and the battery life should go back to what it used to be before updating. Or at least this was my experience (coming from 9.3.5 to 10.3).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.