Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I updated OS X 10.8.2 to the supplemental update this morning. Since that time the network connections are broken. I cannot connect at all via Ethernet or wifi. When I look at what is happening, is see that my MBP cycles between connecting and disconnecting whether on wifi or Ethernet connection. I've never seen this before. Does anyone else have this happening since the supplemental update today? One of my colleagues did the same update and has the same problem.

Please can anyone help?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I updated OS X 10.8.2 to the supplemental update this morning. Since that time the network connections are broken. I cannot connect at all via Ethernet or wifi. When I look at what is happening, is see that my MBP cycles between connecting and disconnecting whether on wifi or Ethernet connection. I've never seen this before. Does anyone else have this happening since the supplemental update today? One of my colleagues did the same update and has the same problem.

Please can anyone help?

What troubleshooting have you done so far?
Can you post some of the relevant system log of the errors?

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
OK I went to my old MBP and downloaded the update directly from Apple. I'm home now and when I posted I was at work without access to another Mac. I've put the update on an USB and updated from the USB and now my MBP is working on my wifi. Hopefully it will work tomorrow on my work network. That was an unproductive day at work with network access.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
OK I went to my old MBP and downloaded the update directly from Apple. I'm home now and when I posted I was at work without access to another Mac. I've put the update on an USB and updated from the USB and now my MBP is working on my wifi. Hopefully it will work tomorrow on my work network. That was an unproductive day at work with network access.

Hopefully it will continue to work.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
So far so good, it seems to be back to normal. I don't know why it didn't work after the software update.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
It's sorted for me but not my friend despite doing the same procedure to update again. His MBP is working on the wifi but not on Ethernet. When on Ethernet the connection is on off on off etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.