Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
I picked up the Body Glove Vibe from my local at&t store a few days ago. This is a plastic slider type case with generous cutouts top and bottom, the largest camera cutout I've seen on a case so far, and a soft felt liner to protect the back of the phone. I have experienced no flash issues with this case. The case fits the phone very tightly, a normal sized screen protector just wont work with this. Build quality is good, there are two spots where the shiny blue coating is slightly blemished. The package claims an anti scratch coating, and after a few days of use I see no scratches. The dock connector cutout is ample, all of my cables work with this case. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it is slippery!
I would rate the Body Glove Vibe case highly and right now you can find this case at at&t stores or the at&t website for $15. If you decide to look for one, beware there are two versions. The original had no felt, just textured plastic at the back of the phone, and a smaller camera cutout.

Edit: 2/1/11 currently this case is $5 at at&t corporate stores!

bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg4.jpg

bg5.jpg

Last edited:

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hmm, I stand corrected then! It seems way tighter than the Incase Slider, and that would bubble my screen protector, so I assumed this would do it too.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hmm, I stand corrected then! It seems way tighter than the Incase Slider, and that would bubble my screen protector, so I assumed this would do it too.

There have been many reviews I have seen that state it WILL NOT work with a screen protector. So don't assume you're incorrect. It's all dependent on which screen protector. The tolerances of this case is pretty tight based on the reviews and what I've seen in person. It really depends on the protector and the individual case.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
I picked up the Body Glove Vibe from my local at&t store a few days ago. This is a plastic slider type case with generous cutouts top and bottom, the largest camera cutout I've seen on a case so far, and a soft felt liner to protect the back of the phone. I have experienced no flash issues with this case. The case fits the phone very tightly, a normal sized screen protector just wont work with this. Build quality is good, there are two spots where the shiny blue coating is slightly blemished. The package claims an anti scratch coating, and after a few days of use I see no scratches. The dock connector cutout is ample, all of my cables work with this case. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it is slippery!
I would rate the Body Glove Vibe case highly and right now you can find this case at at&t stores or the at&t website for $15. If you decide to look for one, beware there are two versions. The original had no felt, just textured plastic at the back of the phone, and a smaller camera cutout.

Nice review. This is my daily use case and I love it. Solid feel, snug, fits any and all docks that I have - I really don't have a single complaint about this one: the only reason it's off now is that I'm testing an alternate case.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Just a heads up for anyone on the fence about this case. I was just in my local at&t corporate store and this case is on sale for $5! I mean, for $5 you can't go wrong with this.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
So does it work or not work with thin screen protectors like the Power support crystal?

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Same price online with free 2 day shipping FYI. It appears blue is the only color though and it appears it's the older version as the OP stated it has a smaller camera cutout. I wonder if they ship the new or old version ?

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Same price online with free 2 day shipping FYI. It appears blue is the only color though and it appears it's the older version as the OP stated it has a smaller camera cutout. I wonder if they ship the new or old version ?

I can't say what you'd get online, but in the store they were all the new version.

preppy

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
ColoRADo
I have this case and love it. I switch back and forth between this and the matte black incase slider. The blue color is catchy and classy, not obnoxious. It is especially a "deep" blue and looks great in direct lighting. The paint is pretty durable as well. I haven't done a direct scratch test with keys (to simulate being in a pocket/purse with keys) but day to day use and placement on a desk/table has been great.

As for the screen protector issue, I was able to install the case with the screen protector on, BUT the screen protector did have a slight bubbling/lifting at one of the edges. On close inspection, it is more of a screen protector install error by me. I did not properly seat the screen protector and a corner was slightly off and sitting on the black screen edge rather than the screen itself. I bet if I had installed the SP correctly, I would not have had any issues.

Seriously though, for $5, you cannot go wrong....even if it becomes a backup case. Heck, if you know of anyone who needs a case, this would make a great inexpensive gift...

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I have a power support crystal SP on mine and went to the store to try and install the case to no avail. The tight fit catches on the SP and bubbled it and makes sliding the case on it impossible. I didn't force it bc I didn't want to ruin my SP.

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
I am absolutely in love with this case, I'm thinking about picking up a CaseCrown Glider, it's starting to grow on me.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I stand corrected. Per my previous comment that it didn't work with my Power support SP, that was the OLD version of the case. I went to a different store today, found the case which was the NEW version with the felt and tried it on my phone. It was a BIG pain to get it on the phone (with SP on) without it bubbling but after repeated attempts and being super careful, I was able to get it on WITH my SP with no bubbling on the bottom corner. I am wondering if any parts of the phone will be scratched or get scratched over time since the inside of the case on the sides/top/bottom doesn't have felt or anything soft. With having to slide the case on the phone i'm curious if it will get damaged at all.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Just picked up this case and love it. (felt version)

I like it so much I ordered a black one online. :) The blue is really cool once it's on the phone contrasting the black.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Just picked up this case and love it. (felt version)

I like it so much I ordered a black one online. :) The blue is really cool once it's on the phone contrasting the black.

Let us know when you get it, I'm curious to know if it's glossy or a soft touch. Hard to tell from the pictures online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.