Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
With all the complaints about tax, Macmall, etc., I figured I'd share how I got mine for $929.

MacConnection sells it for $969 with free shipping. They also have the normal free printer deals if you're into doing rebates. I used fatwallet to get 3% back (though the sale ended at the end of October, so now it's 2%). I'm sure you can find other cashback sites for macconnection though. I used my cash back credit card for another 1%. So the math goes like this:

$969 from MacConnection
-$30 for fatwallet
-$10 for credit card cash back

So the upshot was $929 which is over $150 less than buying it at retail with tax in CA. This deal is good for those that aren't in any particular hurry. I've got eight other laptops, so I don't NEED the new MBA right away but I was interested in taking a look at it. Otherwise you could wait three weeks for Black Friday when Apple will likely drop the price $50-$100, but you will have to pay tax.

Hope this is useful to those on the fence.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Congrats!! I've been recommending MacConnection (especially for California residents since it's tax free and free shipping) for a while but people ignore me and end up buying from Macmall and pay tax and shipping. At least you were smart with your money, others here?? Eh. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
HLdan said:
Congrats!! I've been recommending MacConnection (especially for California residents since it's tax free and free shipping) for a while but people ignore me and end up buying from Macmall and pay tax and shipping. At least you were smart with your money, others here?? Eh. :)

Oh calm down. You're not the first to recommend MacConnection. :rolleyes:

Op, sounds like a good deal. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and not have to jump thru hoops.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Oh calm down. You're not the first to recommend MacConnection. :rolleyes:

Op, sounds like a good deal. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and not have to jump thru hoops.

Did I strike a nerve? Did you buy one from Macmall? No need to get nasty and rude. Did I mention YOUR name? I don't think so. Did I say I was the first to recommend it? NO. So YOU calm down. I notice you get pissy a lot. :p

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I'd rather pay a few bucks more and not have to jump thru hoops.

You know, last time I posted a deal on how to get itunes gift cards for 20% off, you made a similar blase comment about how you didn't care. Do you just have nothing better to do than point out how you like to waste money?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
great deal. i should have waited but was too anxious to get one.

interestingly, if u get upgraded models (bto), they are normal price (just savings on tax)

gonzoguy24

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2010
With all the complaints about tax, Macmall, etc., I figured I'd share how I got mine for $929.

MacConnection sells it for $969 with free shipping. They also have the normal free printer deals if you're into doing rebates. I used fatwallet to get 3% back (though the sale ended at the end of October, so now it's 2%). I'm sure you can find other cashback sites for macconnection though. I used my cash back credit card for another 1%. So the math goes like this:

$969 from MacConnection
-$30 for fatwallet
-$10 for credit card cash back

So the upshot was $929 which is over $150 less than buying it at retail with tax in CA. This deal is good for those that aren't in any particular hurry. I've got eight other laptops, so I don't NEED the new MBA right away but I was interested in taking a look at it. Otherwise you could wait three weeks for Black Friday when Apple will likely drop the price $50-$100, but you will have to pay tax.

Hope this is useful to those on the fence.

OP. Nice deal bro :). I got mine with a corporate discount. I got the 13.3 with 4 GB RAM upgrade and got it for 1392 shipped. Did the financing and going to take the no interest and take my Stock Purchase money to pay it off in one year and end up with a significant discount once my money makes money in Exelon stock :).

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
Have they shipped yet? they told me they wont have them for another month, so I bought from apple.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Did I strike a nerve? Did you buy one from Macmall? No need to get nasty and rude. Did I mention YOUR name? I don't think so. Did I say I was the first to recommend it? NO. So YOU calm down. I notice you get pissy a lot. :p

People get so jumpy here, and I don't get why personally (other than it's human nature). I am often confused how my opinion or what I want strikes nerves of people saying I am rude, cocky, a jerk, a bully, and the worst person in the world whenever I don't agree with them or want something different than them... I suppose some people are just that way, and there's no getting around it especially on a public forum.

Just don't take it personal, or it will bother you too much. Don't let it bother you, as life is way too short to worry about pleasing everyone. You're trying to help, and if others want to criticize you for it just ignore them. There are many of us that appreciate advice and your opinion is valuable to many of us even if it's not to a few that want to tell you so.

I really appreciated your view, as I have experienced Mac Mall problems, so I was glad to hear a few people saying Mac Connection has a good thing going. I will check it out next time I buy. Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.