Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RY126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Is it possible for me to play my xbox on my iPad like it's a tv? Thanks!

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I am still astonished at the kind of questions that people ask.

I guess then I shouldn't ask if it's possible to patch in my iPad to my Big Mouth Billy Bass singing bass to play whatever I want through it.

11152004.jpg

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
I guess then I shouldn't ask if it's possible to patch in my iPad to my Big Mouth Billy Bass singing bass to play whatever I want through it.

to be fair that probably is possible, it has a speaker in it, and the ipad has a 3.5mm jack, it wouldn't exactly be rocket science to connect the two...

but the Xbox... nope...

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Well.. it's not entirely impossible..

You just have to think outside the box, and also.. your wallet.

If you have a Slingbox HD you can plug the Xbox to it, then use the Slingbox app to view it.. Now. Controlling it? No way. unless your in the same area the controllers would need to be connected to the physical xbox..

but you did ask how to display it.. heck you can display anything this way actually. :rolleyes:

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Well.. it's not entirely impossible..

You just have to think outside the box, and also.. your wallet.

If you have a Slingbox HD you can plug the Xbox to it, then use the Slingbox app to view it.. Now. Controlling it? No way. unless your in the same area the controllers would need to be connected to the physical xbox..

but you did ask how to display it.. heck you can display anything this way actually. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and you may not even have to buy a SlingBox HD, if you don't care about high resolution. Just use a Digital videocamera with analog video input and Firewire (USB may work too). Use a program that would encode the video and then stream it to your iPad, etc.
Someone else asked the same question today.

Anything is possible when there's a desire (and sometimes $$$ too).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.