Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

93BlackSVT

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
When I navigate to my "Pictures" folder, there are 29 folders in here titled:

iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_1
iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_2
iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_3
iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_4
iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_5

They all appear to be empty. Are these used for anything or can I delete them?

Every time I start iPhoto, I get a message saying:

A photo has been found in the iPhoto library that was not imported
Would you like to import it?

It appears this is what is causing the folders, as one is created every time I open iPhoto. I choose "Yes" for this option, but it always pops up.

Can I delete all these folders that are created due to this message and how can I prevent this message from appearing every time I open iPhoto?

Thanks!!

GeneralMelchett

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
Windsor, UK
iPhoto Recovered photos

I have this exact same problem.

You can delete the folders as I have done MANY times. You can also remove them from your My Pictures folder too, as they are duplicated there, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to stop the error message coming up?

Mine says that I have 7 photos to be recovered. Then they aren't in the folders...

They don't exist as far as I am aware, so why am I getting this error? And how do I stop it?

Many thanks in advance oh Gurus of Mac.

Last edited:

93BlackSVT

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
This worked for me:
Quit iPhoto and to to the iPhoto library (by default in your pictures folder) - right click (control click) on it and select show package contents - find the folder named import (on importing) and drag it to the desktop - DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES - launch iPhoto and you will be fine.

If iPhoto is still working, move the folders from your desktop to the trash and then try it again (ensure all photos are still in iPhoto when opening). If so, emtpy the trash.

work2travel

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Any other suggestions for this problem? Every time I open Iphoto it tells me that I have 2 photos to import. And no matter if I say yes or no there is still a folder created. I have done as suggested below but it still happens.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
my problem is iphoto made an event called Recovered Photos, and all the photos (9) to be exact, show nothing, i dont even know what these photos look like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 2.49.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 2.49.29 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 355
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.