Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm getting a really intrusive Head and Shoulders ad banner at the top of the page. Whenever your mouse pointer hovers above the banner, the banner expands, and a video automatically starts playing. This can happen quite easily when you go to click on another browser tab in Firefox/Safari/Chrome/etc.

Anyone else getting annoyed?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
As per the FAQ

If you could post a screenshot and the URL the advert goes to then we can see about getting it removed.

MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

If you find a particular ad especially annoying (e.g., an ad that is oversized, obscures the page, moves around, or has sound), let us know by posting a screenshot in our Site and Forum Feedback forum and telling us the URL it links to. Using this information we can ask to have it removed from the ad pool.

If you find all ads annoying, remember that ads support the site and allow us to provide free news, rumors, and discussion, and that ads are suppressed for paid members. See How do I contribute to MacRumors.com? above.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If I click on it, it links to "itchyscalp.com.au".

Attachments

• screen-capture.jpg
    screen-capture.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.