Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who sees a problem with the forum spy? I started noticing yesterday on my Macbook that it would stop refreshing. So to see new posts I would have to do a manual refresh. I'm at work now and the same thing is happening...I'm wondering if I accidentally changed a setting or if this is a problem for all.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Yeah, for me on Google Chrome on Mac OS 10.6.6, it is not updating... I have to reinstall Chrome anyway (an issue with the history not showing up, only showing history from ~6 months ago), so I'll let you know if it fixes the issue with forum spy as well...

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Yeah, for me on Google Chrome on Mac OS 10.6.6, it is not updating... I have to reinstall Chrome anyway (an issue with the history not showing up, only showing history from ~6 months ago), so I'll let you know if it fixes the issue with forum spy as well...

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm on IE here at work, and home I'm on Safari. I just deleted the cookies, logged out and logged back in and still nothing. I'll try the same on my Mac when i get home.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I dragged the Chrome.app to the trash, and went into User>Library>Application Support>Google and deleted the Chrome folder. I downloaded Chrome, and opened it. I had to set it up like new, but it fixed my issue with forum spy and the history... But I lost all of my bookmarks (good thing I took a screenshot of the bookmarks bar beforehand!)

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
I dragged the Chrome.app to the trash, and went into User>Library>Application Support>Google and deleted the Chrome folder. I downloaded Chrome, and opened it. I had to set it up like new, but it fixed my issue with forum spy and the history... But I lost all of my bookmarks (good thing I took a screenshot of the bookmarks bar beforehand!)

If it's still a problem when I get home, I will try to do that with Safari, although what a PITA! :D

I can't do it with my work PC, so I'm hoping it will just work itself out. Weird though, it's happening on both computers.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I had some issues with Forum Spy yesterday too. It didn't always show all posted posts. E.g. if I went and replied, it didn't appear in Forum Spy.

Hadn't tested it today yet but will post if the issue reoccurs.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I had some issues with Forum Spy yesterday too. It didn't always show all posted posts. E.g. if I went and replied, it didn't appear in Forum Spy.

Hadn't tested it today yet but will post if the issue reoccurs.

That's because I delete your spammy posts as fast as you can make them :D

I still have had no problems on Chrome/Win7 at work or Safari/OSX at home

Could it be and extensions conflict of some kind?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
That's because I delete your spammy posts as fast as you can make them :D

I bet I would have more infractions if my posts were considered as spam ;) I even checked couple of times and my post was indeed posted but it just didn't show up in Forum Spy

Could it be and extensions conflict of some kind?

I only have ClickToFlash installed so I don't think so. Could have been my ISP or other network related issue too. Anyway, so far everything is working

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have the same problem too with Safari 5 on the latest Mac OS X version. I even did a reset of Safari and it didn't help.
I only have ClickToFlash installed as Extension, Glims as plug in.
I have 32 fora excluded though.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Have the same problem too with Safari 5 on the latest Mac OS X version. I even did a reset of Safari and it didn't help.
I only have ClickToFlash installed as Extension, Glims as plug in.
I have 32 fora excluded though.

The only extension I have installed is Click 2 Flash as well.

It's being sporadic. It will update as usual for 5 minutes and then stop updating for a bit and then start updating again. Very, very odd.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Yeah, I was having that issue as well yesterday, and even a bit today on FF 3.6 and 4.0b, so I think there's a bit of an issue with it.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Had issues yesterday and today on the latest Firefox with no extensions and even on my iPhone 4 running the latest OS. Thought they were on to me at work!

Does seem to be better now though.

Last edited:

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I was going to make a thread. Then again I do not desire to make new threads. My Forum Spy refresh issue appears to be limited to FireFox. It works properly in Chrome.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Slight hijack:
Anyone know why some thread posts are highlighted in yellow?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-27 at 12.02.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-27 at 12.02.50 PM.png
    29 KB · Views: 87

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Last edited by a moderator:

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Been lagging quite a lot for me lately. It just stops showing new posts. Considering that there are a fair amount of people experiencing this, it seems to be an issue in MR's end, not in users' browsers.

EDIT: Now I have to refresh it manually to get any new posts at all. It just lags there, nothing happens.

EDIT2: Okay, now it suddenly showed 5 minutes worth of posts and stopped again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.