Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intel Inside

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Rules:

1. You may enter only one photo.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (contest closes on 23rd March, 17:30 GMT/10:30 PST)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last weeks winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Topic : Kaleidoscope

Huge thanks to Cupcakes2000 for voting me winner!!

Let's see what you all come up with!!

jabbott

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2009
quilthdr.jpg

Grandmother's quilt in HDR
1/4s, f/5, 13mm, ISO 100
HDR composed with Dynamic Photo HDR at 0 ev and ±4/3 ev
Canon Rebel T2i + 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Sicilian plate with iPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 234

Intel Inside

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for all the great entries people!! I realise that the topic i chose was quite a hard one, but everyone has come up with some fantastic photos!

Feedback Time!!

@ jabbott

I really like the range of patterns in your photo as well as the range of colour. I also like the fact that you decided to use HDR to add to the effect. Well Done! :)

@ Chappers

Wow, I really like this one!! i like how you've managed to taken an object that doesnt appear kaleidoscopic from a normal point of view, but you've managed to find a p.o.v that makes the eiffel tower look like a kaleidoscope. I also like the colours due to the picture being taken at night!!

@ Keleko

I really like this photo as a whole! i like that you've approached this subject from a different angle from most people. I love the colours in this photo and the use of editing.

@ flutegirl822

I really dont know what to say about this photo! I'm still trying to figure out how you took it! I really love the lighting and colour in this photo. It's definitely something i'd put on my wall!!

@ fcortese

Thanks for the entry!! I like the effects of the lights, especially the blue ones, it really makes elements of the photo "pop". While not the most amazing quality, still a solid entry.

@ JDDavis

Very nice photo, and good choice of subject!! i really like the colours in this photo and the patterns that are present. Thanks for the lovely entry!

@ pukifloyd

Wow thank you for this entry!! I really like the patterns in this one, almost like an optical illusion! Very clear and a nice entry!

@ deep diver

Very very nice picture you have there! i really like how the colour is shown, something about the marble that makes the colours almost glow!!

@ Ryan1524

Thank you for this very good entry!! i really do love this picture, and the patters and lighting. It really does make me feel that i am looking into a kaleidoscope!! just a thought here, but i can't help but noticing the stained glass windows on the top and bottom of the pictures, i think a picture of those would have made for an even better entry!!

Now, Judging time!!

There have been a lot of excellent entries full of skill and talent, but i can only choose one winner. I'll do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place i think.

3rd Place ... flutegirl822

Thanks for your excellent entry! You must tell me how you got this effect or what you took a picture of!! :D

2nd Place ... Ryan1524

Thank you as well for this simply excellent entry! sorry i couldn't place you first!

Winner ... Chappers

Very Very Well done to you!! What made this photo the winner for me was that you took something that wouldn't remotely remind me of a kaleidoscope, and you managed to pick the right point of view, lighting and timing to manage just that! I really like the lights and how it seems like i am looking through a window, just like a real kaleidoscope!! Good luck picking the subject next week.

Thanks once again for all the great entries this week!!

flutegirl822

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
Washington
Post It Art

Congratulations Chappers. As to my set up, I arranged colored papers that are rolled and taped (tube-shape) on a piece of glass and lighted it from underneath. That's all. :eek:)

oldoctom

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
Kaleidoscope photo

Here is one of my 'scopes for the contest.

Attachments

• MBG_2617BBac.jpg
    MBG_2617BBac.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 198
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.