Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
I am very sad.

iTunes suddenly decided to start displaying everything in Hebrew or Arabic. Everything except the menu bar, preferences and the music store. Everything else is in this foreign font. I tried trashing iTunes and reinstalling, deleting preference files, running "fsck -fy" at boot up, etc, nothing works. Any thoughts??? :(

UPDATE:
I figured out what I did. I installed a font with the same name as a system font and it caused a conflict that only manifested in iTunes. Whew.

CazMac

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2005
Same Problem

Monk Edsel said:
I am very sad.

iTunes suddenly decided to start displaying everything in Hebrew or Arabic. Everything except the menu bar, preferences and the music store. Everything else is in this foreign font. I tried trashing iTunes and reinstalling, deleting preference files, running "fsck -fy" at boot up, etc, nothing works. Any thoughts??? :(

UPDATE:
I figured out what I did. I installed a font with the same name as a system font and it caused a conflict that only manifested in iTunes. Whew.

You mentioned that you installed a font the same as a system font... which one was it?

CazMac

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2005
Fixed it!

Ha ha No probs. I managed to fix it. It was Lucida Grande. If you delete the most recent version, iTunes will go back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.