Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Original poster
G'day,

Is there an external dual layer DVD burner that will work with a Pismo PowerBook? I'm not sure mine would be fast enough to handle hardware like that. If any of you know anything, enlighten my otherwise ignorant Mac world!

Thanks very muchly,

Matt

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Moo-Boo said:
G'day,

Is there an external dual layer DVD burner that will work with a Pismo PowerBook? I'm not sure mine would be fast enough to handle hardware like that. If any of you know anything, enlighten my otherwise ignorant Mac world!

Thanks very muchly,

Matt
i believe you need a g4 to burn dvds but maybe that's just for iDVD and the like; im not sure.

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hey there HomerJ,

I'm not sure I did the right thing, but I took the plunge and bought a LaCie 16x dual layer DVD burner. I have all the right specs, apart from the speed. I'm not only getting this burner for my PowerBook, but the new iMac to come. But I need the burner now to archive everything, and do some DVDs for home movies that I was obliged to take. If it doesn't work on the PowerBook, c'est la vie I guess, but at times, it's not unwise to take a calculated risk.

Thanks for your advice, too, by the way. You think like me!

Cheers,

Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.