Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I hate to be another person to contribute to the constant influx of Tiger release date rumors, but what does everyone think of this...
When trying to access order status, I recieved this message:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store

Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.​

Probably nothing, huh.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
pdpfilms said:
I hate to be another person to contribute to the constant influx of Tiger release date rumors, but what does everyone think of this...
When trying to access order status, I recieved this message:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store

Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.​

Probably nothing, huh.

I think they are doing maintenance. :p

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Apple store is working fine for me as well. Must just be order status that is down.

Maybe they are getting their systems ready for thousands of people to be checking the shipping status of their Tiger upgrades. :D

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
Usually when they update the site during/after big apple announcements, you can access the home page and order status page just fine. However, when you click on the "Store" tab, you get a placeholder page with a yellow sticky note.

On the note in handwritten script says something to the effect of "Sorry, we're updating the apple store, please check back soon!"

Who knows what it means when the order status page is down. I've never experienced it.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
yup, Order Status is down, everything else is up and running. Just went to go check the status of my 6gb iPod Mini Order and couldn't get access to it... Hopefully the Morning will bring us tiger and new iBooks :)

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
maybe it's a scheduled upgrade to their operating system
tigah baby! not that i have the cash for it atm so i dont really care when it comes out :p not to sound cynical

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
homerjward said:
maybe it's a scheduled upgrade to their operating system
tigah baby! not that i have the cash for it atm so i dont really care when it comes out :p not to sound cynical

I feel ya :p I only have about $300 to spend right now so if it comes out tomorrow, there's not a whole lot I can do. But I'm waiting on a $1500 check from selling my PC (I am about ready to file non-paying bidder on eBay :mad: :mad:) and get a $150 paycheck Friday (yes, I get minimum wage :p)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.