Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turian.Spectre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
My system info is in the screenshot. After release of Lion I decided to do a clean install of OS on my MBP. Done successfully. Made a windows partition with bootcamp, inserted my win 7 cd which I burned from a downloaded image of windows installation disk from microsoft.com, my mac is telling me that the disk is blank...
I used this same disk before when I had snow leopard, worked with no problems. I thought maybe the disk got scratched, or something is wrong with it, so I tried it on my sisters macbook with snow leopard, works fine.
When i restart, it automatically tries to boot into the bootcamp partition which is blank, doesnt recognize the cd either. I just get a black screen and something that says it cant boot. The only way i can boot into my Lion partition at start up is by holding opt key and choosing it. Its also the only choice that shows.

So what do I do now? (apple store is not an option, I'm currently out of country for a while)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-10 at 9.53.02 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2011-08-10 at 9.53.02 PM.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.