Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
Get this:
I own 5 Pairs of Apple buds!!:
1st from 1st Gen iPod (broke, awful, rubber bits now yellow!)
2nd from 1st gen iPod in-line remote set (also bad)
3rd from 3rd Gen iPod (still quite bad)
4th from 1st Gen iPod Mini (just as bad)
5th from iPod Shuffle (1GB) (ever so slightly less bad, but still bad!)
I own 3 pairs Apple In-Ear Phones:
1st broke (badly, lost all volume, damage from travelling round europe!)
2nd Kinda broke (bit of superglue fixed it!)
3rd got free for a mix-up from apple sending my Shuffle to the wrong person!

I am the apple headphone king - 8 pairs! Can anyone beat that? :p

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
James Philp said:
Get this:
I also own 5 Pairs of buds!!:
1st from 1st Gen iPod (broke, awful, rubber bits now yellow!)
2nd from 1st gen iPod in-line remote set (also bad)
3rd from 3rd Gen iPod (still quite bad)
4th from 1st Gen iPod Mini (just as bad)
5th from iPod Shuffle (1GB) (ever so slightly less bad, but still bad!)
I own 3 pairs Apple In-Ear Phones:
1st broke (badly, lost all volume, damage from travelling round europe!)
2nd Kinda broke (bit of superglue fixed it!)
3rd got free for a mix-up from apple sending my Shuffle to the wrong person!

I am the apple headphone king - 8 pairs! Can anyone beat that? :p

I certainly can't. Maybe you could start an earbud cover business. I can't find those things anywhere.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im actually happy that i dont have that many pairs, i only have my apple buds, and my sony in ear headphones, but i think i need to find a pair that is better for runing than what i have....

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
PlaceofDis said:
but i think i need to find a pair that is better for runing than what i have....

I find running with the standard iPod buds fine but you've gotta remember to tuck the cord into your shirt or whatever so it doesn't flail madly about in the wind.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
mad jew said:
I find running with the standard iPod buds fine but you've gotta remember to tuck the cord into your shirt or whatever so it doesn't flail madly about in the wind.

ill give that a try tomorrow when i go for my run, if that doesnt work ill pobably just pop for the $20 street style kind of headphones...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
mad jew said:

Well, in an urban environment, and IF you don't listen too too loud, in-ears are great because of the noise reduction (and because they pop out slightly less). I find I only need the volume up halfway as high when I'm using them. Which is probably a lot better for my ears. If you listen too high, though, they can be dangerous because you will not hear traffic! :eek:

I have a pair of Philips in-ears that I bought from Target one day when I was in a hurry. I probably should've gotten the Sony's. The biggest problem, though, with in-ears, is that you don't know whether they're going to fit your ears well until you get them. Unless you find a pair that have the really squishy rubber inserts, rather than the harder silicone ones....

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
James Philp said:
Two words:
Shure E3c
Bought 'em recently, love em.
Here.

I wanna find someone with more than 8!

i wish i could afford headphones that cost that much, i love Shure, they are a cool company....but that much for headphones.....thats a bit much for me right now LoL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.