Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
London
Because it's already so late today, this contest will start tomorrow.

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

This weeks topic : Fading Summer

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Mine for this competition was taken 2 years ago when I was out in the French Alps enjoying the glorious colours of the leaves

Attachments

• P1010155.jpg
    P1010155.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 151

lharvest

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Taken This Morning...

...While camping in central PA

Attachments

• Golden.jpg
    Golden.jpg
    1,023 KB · Views: 179

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
London
Result

Sorry for posting my judgement only now, but the 10th ended only a few hours ago and I'm on vacation in another country. So I will keep it short.

1st place: lHarvest
I like your photo the best because you managed to capture a wide array of yellow to orange colors in your picture. The colors are usually associated with the onset of fall. And the sunset itself symbolizes the end of a period of time, which can be interpreted as the end of the summer period.

2nd place: Hisdem
I like the contrast of the yellow flowers on the dark soil. It creates a strong visual pictures. The blurring in the photo softens the edges and guides the focus of the viewer to the center.

3rd place: Keleko
Your photo is the poster image for America's favorite sport, which starts it's season in late summer. You captured intense colors, movement (blurry players in the background) and the fading day in one photos.

This concludes this weeks contest.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Sorry for posting my judgement only now, but the 10th ended only a few hours ago and I'm on vacation in another country. So I will keep it short.

I like your photo the best because you managed to capture a wide array of yellow to orange colors in your picture. The colors are usually associated with the onset of fall. And the sunset itself symbolizes the end of a period of time, which can be interpreted as the end of the summer period.

I like the contrast of the yellow flowers on the dark soil. It creates a strong visual pictures. The blurring in the photo softens the edges and guides the focus of the viewer to the center.

Your photo is the poster image for America's favorite sport, which starts it's season in late summer. You captured intense colors, movement (blurry players in the background) and the fading day in one photos.

I really think judges should comment on all photos submitted.

lharvest

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Whoa - hey

Thank you for the honor. As always, the entries were outstanding with many possible winners.

Look for the next contest thread to be started shortly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.