Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnackeyG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Is anyone else having problems signing in? I keep getting a connection error. "iCloud encountered and error while trying to connect to the server."

Any solutions? I'm on Windows and Firefox if that matters.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Not working either here...getting the same error message on web interface and it's rejecting my password in Mail.

ryanstewart

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Me too. It's saying something was wrong with my password and I need to re-login, and when I try to do that through system preferences it just keeps "thinking".

I just updated my iPhone/iPad and MacBook software, including the MacBook firmware update. Think that's what's causing these issues?

antonchigurh

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
I'm having the same problem at iCloud.com and on my iPhone. It says my username or password is incorrect.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Is anyone else having problems signing in? I keep getting a connection error. "iCloud encountered and error while trying to connect to the server."

Any solutions? I'm on Windows and Firefox if that matters.

Same here.

Attachments

• icloudwebsiteerrormessage.PNG
    icloudwebsiteerrormessage.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,155

SnackeyG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I also get a verification error when I go to the iCloud settings on my iPhone. Doing a backup worked though.

HLX

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006
Also down for me in UK

Also, am I missing something, or are the background icons now arranged into a grid so that there is a space for a new one?

BacklitFirefly

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2009
Sandhills Area, North Carolina
Not working for me either. I keep getting prompted by my iPhone and the Mail App on my laptop to supply my password. It says the username or password for my account is incorrect. No dice on the Web, either.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.