Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
OK so I have the Neo Hybrid 2S Ex Snow Series in Infinity White and the silicone has discolored really bad, but this new case they are coming out with will give me the look I want of the bumper but will not turn colors because it is a polycarbonate shell instead of silicone. I will certainly be getting this when it comes out this Friday!

linear_ex.jpg

ex-meteor-123.jpg

http://www.sgpstore.com/iPhone-4-4S-Case-Linear-EX-Meteor-Series-are-coming-soon

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I really do as well!! I hope this one ends up being my go to case, I have purchased 3 so far looking for the right one.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Aw nuts!

Just pulled the trigger on a Neo Hybrid EX.

These look promising but I'll wait on all the colors to decide.

$31.00 ?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I didn't see a price, but I want an all white one though. Maybe silver and white as well. Get a few colors to change it up and mix.

Aw nuts!

Just pulled the trigger on a Neo Hybrid EX.

These look promising but I'll wait on all the colors to decide.

$31.00 ?

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
But will it scratch the metal band as there is no silicone inside?

We've been hearing a lot of problems with the Apple bumpers scratching and I think these will create the same issue.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Isn't the apple bumper silicone? A completely different material.

But will it scratch the metal band as there is no silicone inside?

We've been hearing a lot of problems with the Apple bumpers scratching and I think these will create the same issue.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Oh ok, gotcha! I have no idea but I do have the SGP Neo Hybrid 2S ans it is silicone and hard plastic but it doesn't scratch the metal band at all so I am pretty confident this will be just as good.

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
looks worth buying but i think im going to wait a bit for a few reviews before i pull the trigger on it :)

Black Dawg Down

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Oh ok, gotcha! I have no idea but I do have the SGP Neo Hybrid 2S ans it is silicone and hard plastic but it doesn't scratch the metal band at all so I am pretty confident this will be just as good.

Yes, but the Neo Hybrid 2S completely covers the metal band with silicone, before the plastic part comes on top.

The Linear EX on the other hand, appears to be just plastic and no silicone.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
The Linear cases they make are pretty similar to this one but with a back plate and they don't scratch the band at all, so i am pretty confident this won't either.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
does it come with a solid band or its multi colored?

i was looking at the Linear Blitz Series, similar but with an aluminum backing.

I think the multi color bands are just a way to make you buy additional ones

j**

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
looks worth buying but i think im going to wait a bit for a few reviews before i pull the trigger on it :)

was thinking this, but SGP is popular and these will definitely sell out, like the Neo Hybrid II Ex did, and is currently.

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I will be snatching mine up the second it goes on sale because I know it will sell out fast!

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
They went on sale today but they only have 2 colors. The Infinity White which is silver and white, and then the Reventon Yellow which is silver and yellow. I was hoping for solid colors so I may wait till Friday to see if they ass solid colors to the site.

They also say that it will not scratch the phone under the Q & A section so that is good!

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...iphone-4-4s-case-linear-ex-meteor-series.html

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Sounds like it is 2 pieces that slide on and snap together (same material as the hard frame part of the neo hybrid 2S?)

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
It doesn't look like it provides any face-down protection.

I prefer darker colors, so will wait and see. All silver would be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.