Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO
Just updated from 4.1 to 5.0.1 using a JB custom ipsw and used OpenBackup to back up all my settings and packages. I didn't see a thread about it here, so I thought I'd give it a shoutout. It worked great! There was a little tweaking that needed to happen after I ran it, due to the differences between iOS 4 and 5 (mostly little LockInfo things), but it still saved me a ton of time!

Note - I'm not affiliated with the author or anything...I actually have no idea who wrote this tool. Just thought it should get a little publicity. :)

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Hi, I'm thinking of Jailbreaking from 4.1 to 5.01. I created the custom IPSW with redsn0w and will jailbreak with it again which tool did you use to JB?
Is there a way to backup all your music, apps photos before Jailbreak, and once you download the OpenBackup will it work with 5.0.1 when you want to restore the backup?
thanks

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
Hi, I'm thinking of Jailbreaking from 4.1 to 5.01. I created the custom IPSW with redsn0w and will jailbreak with it again which tool did you use to JB?
Is there a way to backup all your music, apps photos before Jailbreak, and once you download the OpenBackup will it work with 5.0.1 when you want to restore the backup?
thanks

Use itunes to backup your music and apps. Photos use iphoto or just manually copy them using image capture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.