Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
I have a 2010 27" iMac and the headphone jack accepts a 4-pole 1/8" plug, meaning I could use Apple earbuds (or similar) with the mic and volume buttons and they would "just work". For gaming purposes I prefer using an Astro A40 headset, which also has the 4-pole 1/8" plug configuration and works very nicely in OS X.

Different story in Bootcamp. I have an install of 64bit Windows 7 Professional with Bootcamp 3.3. When the Astros are plugged into the iMac's headphone jack I get the audio from the speakers but the mic is entirely non-functional. The drivers in Windows land seems to just not acknowledge the presence of the other two poles in the headphone jack.

Is there a configuration option or driver I could be missing somewhere? Here's a similar topic on Astro's own forums. Unfortunately there was no conclusion regarding Bootcamped Windows -- but it works in Parallels. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.