Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Hey everybody,

this is my last Mock Up, a proposal for a PowerBook G5 case, i dont know if we eventualy see a G5 in a PowerBook, this is only a Design based in Apple Style tendencies, i hope you like it.

u can see other mockups at my page Agell Web Site

cheers,

Vitruvius

Attachments

• PBG5web.jpg
    PBG5web.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,991

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nice. :)

Two very little niggles:

1. The little gap between the screen hinge and the rest of the case at the bottom should be filled in or something. Make it a little more flush.

2. Name you're threads with something a little more accurate/less misleading. ;)

Otherwise, I reckon it looks great.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Lacero said:
Are those USB ports on the side?

I think it's a vent... because a vent's all a G5 PowerBook would need to keep cool and operational.

:D

It is a nice looking mock-up though. Good job!

coconn06

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
vitruvius said:
Hey everybody,

this is my last Mock Up, a proposal for a PowerBook G5 case, i dont know if we eventualy see a G5 in a PowerBook, this is only a Design based in Apple Style tendencies, i hope you like it.

I don't know if you saw the announcement that Apple will be using Intel in a year, but I take that as a sure sign that we'll never see a Powerbook G5. But who says this can't be the design for a Powerbook Pentium M? ;)

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Nice work. I can tell you put some major time into this, but i think it looks just a little too much like a giant personal DVD player from Kmart.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The reality is that there won't be a PPC PowerBook G5. You could always enter your design for the Intel PowerBook.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Very nice.......nice the once on your web page tooo :rolleyes: :D

Edit: that headless iMac and the ProMonitor would be AMAZING :eek: :eek: :D Although Apple would proberly call it a ProDisplay not monitor ;)

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
thx

thx everybody for comments and critics, also for visiting my website, the typo is fixed now in the image at the begining of the thread.

cheers,

Vitruvius

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
I like the look of it.

I think a burlwood (real- not plastic) powerbook would be cool. Obviously not the whole laptop but it would be cool- very luxery car like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.