Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Our sister site TouchArcade.com has launched an official iOS app this morning.

toucharcade.jpg

TouchArcade is a site focused on game news and reviews for Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad platforms. The new iOS app features website content, easy game discovery, user forums, as well as app tracking abilities. Games can be added to your "Watch List" so you can be notified of sales, official reviews, and updates.

Meanwhile, we have already started working with the same app developers (Flexibits) and designer (Bartelme) to begin work on an official MacRumors app. It's too early to predict a timeframe, but we hope to launch this year.

The TouchArcade app is available now and is free to download. [iTunes Link]

Article Link: Official TouchArcade App Now Available

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Feel free to charge if it will help development. I would pay, an I'm glad that MR is committed to providing a good user experience! Look forward to seeing it.

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
I think we can all agree that we want a MacRumors app! Creating a shortcut does the trick for now though, the new mobile site has improved dramatically. :)

As long as it has push notifications and an equal or better forum interface than Tapatalk. As you implied with the shortcuts it's been so overdue most of us have complete solutions already figured out that we set up years ago.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I am curious to see if contributors that use the MacRumors app will still not see ads (if the app is free).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.