Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hey, I have a small dent on my MBP.

I still have 2 years left on apple care and was wondering if i can get it fixe.d

I basically picked it up and by mistake hit against the wall. the dent isn't that big or noticable but if it can be fixed, that would be amazing...

any hints please? its pretty tiny, even if theres a DIY i would be interested.

its just on the side. basically it hit against the edge of my wall.. attached is a picture.

img0389px.jpg

Last edited:

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hey, I have a small dent on my MBP.

I still have 2 years left on apple care and was wondering if i can get it fixe.d

I basically picked it up and by mistake hit against the wall. the dent isn't that big or noticable but if it can be fixed, that would be amazing...

any hints please? its pretty tiny, even if theres a DIY i would be interested.

Unless its a dent on the bottom case, it's not worth it to fix. Top case or display case is very expensive and not worth it. Apple will not replace it under warranty for damage.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Accidental damage is not covered by Apple, but there are several solutions to cover the dent.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads about covering/repairing dents while you wait for more answers:

PS: No need for such a big picture, you can crop and resize via Preview.

img0389px.jpg

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
I really am in the it is a ****in tool a dent shouldn't be any concern camp unless it keeps you from closing the lid properly or something.
Anyway whatever may have caused it is your fault for not taking care of it. Apple Care is a warranty they fix faults that existed on delivery yet materialized later. They don't fix dents or anything. You'd need accident insurance for that and even that wouldn't cover a small dent.
You'd have to pay for it and a case is expensive.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Okay thanks guys.

Do you have any solutions? I have googled but all solutions seem to be for massive damage/dents?

Do you think this is much of a big deal? thanks.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010
Incase Hardshell Perforated Case in black is what I've using. Looks good, adds very little to overall dimensions, and not a single scratch or dent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.