Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjmacaddict

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
California
:confused: I'm shopping around for the right mouse, and could sure use some advice/recommendations. I need a mouse for my G4 iBook, and would like to have at least three buttons, with a high quality/accurate scroll wheel.

I'd prefer a USB optical mouse, not wireless. I already have a wireless mouse that uses lots of batteries, and also drains the battery in my iBook.

I just bought a Logitech mouse from BestBuy. Installed the software and my iBook froze. Couldn't do anything at all, until I plugged in my old mouse, so I could uninstall the software. Now I have to go back to BestBuy and return the mouse that claims to be OS X compatible!

Please share your experiences and recommendations. Thanks!

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
those chepo 15/20 buck mice from logitech service me quite well... i have been using one with my ibook for a little over a year now and longer when i had it hooked up to a previous pc..

oh yeah.. don't install the software... you don't need it.. all usb mice are os x compatible..

Attachments

• 3370.jpg
    3370.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 214

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I have a cheap Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, which works fine. Beware of the Basic Optical Mouse though.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
I know a lot of people who use Logitech mice with no problems.

I know you're looking for a wired mouse, but the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse has a built-in rechargable battery. And it's super accurate.

There's also the Logitech V500.

As for wired mice, I prefer the Logitech MX 510 or the Logitech Click! optical mouse for something basic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.