Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I have purchased iLife and iWork, both on DVD. I purchased both the day the latest version was released and have had them on my computer since then.

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that they didn't show up in the MAS as they had in the past. Sure they don't show up as "purchased" but they used to say "Installed" or whatever. I figured out how to fix the problem.

Today, new issues.

I installed Mountain Lion, no problem. One of the first things I did was "Software Update" because I heard that there were new version of iWork out. When you do this in Mountain Lion, it opens the MAS and it downloaded the iWork update. Great.

Well, I didn't notice that iLife didn't get the same treatment. It did NOT update my iLife suite. In fact, if I go to the individual apps, they say "Update" and if I click on them, it says please use the account used to purchase them.

Seems like iLife, at least, from DVD is no longer supported and won't be upgraded anymore. . . I'm really surprised that they allowed iWork to be upgraded but not iLife. :(

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Software Update may not find updates for various reasons, the most common of which occurs when the affected applications are not in /Applications. If this isn't the case, then there's something else going on, but I couldn't say what without examining the system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.