Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PSS4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Greetings
I bought a loaded 15" Powerbook about a month ago(new) from apple store, and last night I set the Screen saver to scroll thru the photos from iPhoto. I saw the photos scrolling thru after the computer wasn't touched and it was very cool. Then I walked by the computer a while later and some strange images were coming across the screen. For instance, I'd see 2-3 of my pictures, then usually 2 strange/random images in a row, usually not in focus, or highly magnified. Images I saw last night included, strange cartoon animals, flags, the canadian flag multiple times, the Israeli flag, an Irish flag, danish flag, a chinese fan, some out of focus guitars, then really bizarre faces, blacked out> skull like...My girlfriend and I were truly vexed. I can't imagine where these images were coming from. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a little trick that the builders put into the system, or a virus of some sort? If it makes a difference, all the photos in my iPhoto originated from my Pentax Optio 555. Is there anyway to correct it???

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
PSS4 said:
Greetings
I bought a loaded 15" Powerbook about a month ago(new) from apple store, and last night I set the Screen saver to scroll thru the photos from iPhoto. I saw the photos scrolling thru after the computer wasn't touched and it was very cool. Then I walked by the computer a while later and some strange images were coming across the screen. For instance, I'd see 2-3 of my pictures, then usually 2 strange/random images in a row, usually not in focus, or highly magnified. Images I saw last night included, strange cartoon animals, flags, the canadian flag multiple times, the Israeli flag, an Irish flag, danish flag, a chinese fan, some out of focus guitars, then really bizarre faces, blacked out> skull like...My girlfriend and I were truly vexed. I can't imagine where these images were coming from. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a little trick that the builders put into the system, or a virus of some sort? If it makes a difference, all the photos in my iPhoto originated from my Pentax Optio 555. Is there anyway to correct it???
i'm betting that they are from iChat icons you got there -

PSS4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Okay, Ichat....I've never used Ichat....but, I guess it makes sense, Its just an odd glitch in the system? Let it be?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.