Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I just wanted to give heads up to some of you who is thinking to buy SGP case(s).

I bought the Stehen iPad2 case, suede one. Looks really quality. After only FEW uses, the front flip started to bend and finally it popped open from two sides. See the pics. VERY bad quality and VERY bad customer service. They have 90-day warranty? What? Anyway, I am NOT buying SGP anymore and I would warn people who are thinking to buy, especially the Stehen!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 122

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
so you buy one product and we should all stay away?...grow up...just post your experience and stay away from the grandstanding.

I have bought tens of products from Spiegen over the past couple years and it's all been good. When I had a defective battery , they shipped a new one immediately without getting the old one back.

I use a Spiegen Valentinus...great case:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1397172/

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Where did I say "stay away"? I said be careful, I warn you. You can buy it. I just shared my experience with pictures.

Actually, when you say things like "Grow up" we all know who needs to grow up.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
You have every right to share your opinion. On the other side of the coin I have bought many products from SGP over the last few years and never had a problem with any of them.

Also when you post that people should be wary of a product and then completely name it wrong (Stehen?) it makes your comments less credible. The SGP companies are Steinheil and Spigen.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
You have every right to share your opinion. On the other side of the coin I have bought many products from SGP over the last few years and never had a problem with any of them.

Also when you post that people should be wary of a product and then completely name it wrong (Stehen?) it makes your comments less credible. The SGP companies are Steinheil and Spigen.

Stehen is the model of SGP. They have an iPad case called, Stehen. That's what I was referring to.

http://www.spigen.com/spigen-sgp-ipad-2-leather-case-stehen-series.html

Last edited:

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
You did the right thing. Post your issues and show evidence.

A case is about as simple as it can get.
Not a heck of a lot of things to fail.

A 90 day warranty is very telling about the likelihood of it holding up over the long term or their willingness to correct it when it fails.

Thanks for the heads up :)

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
You did the right thing. Post your issues and show evidence.

A case is about as simple as it can get.
Not a heck of a lot of things to fail.

A 90 day warranty is very telling about the likelihood of it holding up over the long term or their willingness to correct it when it fails.

Thanks for the heads up :)

You are welcome. Frankly, I maybe took my iPad outside of the house few times. I was very excited to get an iPad but it turned out that I was still using my iPhone more, so this thing got barely used, really. There were times I did not touch the thing for weeks. Still the thing started to fall apart. Then my wife started to read books on the iPad and the openings got worse.

If this was a phone case, I would be more understanding since you put it in your pocket, take it out, put it on the table, drop it sometimes, hit it somewhere, etc. etc.

Again, this is MY experience and I am NOT saying anybody to stay away. I posted this to give someone a second thought who decided to buy a case from SGP, especially the Stehen or their new case like this with a different name.

And yes, imo 90-days is WAY too short and that tells me how much trust they have in the quality of their products.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I am NOT buying SGP anymore and I would warn people who are thinking to buy, especially the Stehen!

This is about as "stay away" for the entire company as can be written....

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I am NOT buying SGP anymore and I would warn people who are thinking to buy, especially the Stehen!

This is about as "stay away" for the entire company as can be written....

Take it however you want. This is my last reply to you. Thank you for reading my post.

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Jumping 3 threads to broadcast how bad a company is is predatory, not just discontent with a case...

Good luck...

I agree.

I bought some products from spigen before and I never had any issues with any of their stuff. And frankly, their customer service was extremely friendly and helpful. And from reading your other threads, you resurrected threads over a year old just so you can bash on a product you bought over a year ago.

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I agree.

I bought some products from spigen before and I never had any issues with any of their stuff. And frankly, their customer service was extremely friendly and helpful. And from reading your other threads, you resurrected threads over a year old just so you can bash on a product you bought over a year ago.

My point is to make sure someone sees my experience so they know at least someone had a bad experience. What is your point?

celo48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
My point is to express MY experience with this company.

I was referring to "i agree" part.

Edit: I am very sorry not to quote you correctly. I am on my iPhone so it is more difficult to edit quotes.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.