Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Yes, I have a very old MBP that I am attached to, and upgraded the RAM and installed a Samsung 256GB SSD.

These upgrades allowed me to upgrade to Lion. All is well, the MBP is much faster, and I like the new OS as well.

Here comes my question:

I frequent a lot of forums, and since my Lion upgrade, then I have recently viewed a thread, it does not show a viewed. How can I correct this? Also, then I hit the back button, it takes me to the correct page, but only to the top of that page, my previous OS took me back to the page and also scrolled down to the area on the page that I was previously viewing.

Can these to things be fixed?

Thanks for your help

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
Yes, I have a very old MBP that I am attached to, and upgraded the RAM and installed a Samsung 256GB SSD.

These upgrades allowed me to upgrade to Lion. All is well, the MBP is much faster, and I like the new OS as well.

Here comes my question:

I frequent a lot of forums, and since my Lion upgrade, then I have recently viewed a thread, it does not show a viewed. How can I correct this? Also, then I hit the back button, it takes me to the correct page, but only to the top of that page, my previous OS took me back to the page and also scrolled down to the area on the page that I was previously viewing.

Can these to things be fixed?

Thanks for your help

I realize you may be loyal to Safari, but have you tried with a different browser? I.E., Firefox, Chrome, etc.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Here comes my question:

I frequent a lot of forums, and since my Lion upgrade, then I have recently viewed a thread, it does not show a viewed. How can I correct this?

Is this when you read a topic (say this thread), then go back to the main page and this is still shown as unread

If so then yes, I have had this since I installed Lion on release day, same issue in Chrome & Firefox

The only solution I found was to use the Safari.app from SL, I have this stored in my utilities folder and it works as expected (dont use this anymore as it doesn't support trackpad)

Apple acknowledged the issue but it never got fixed, so I just rely more on using the refresh button

zhunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Is this when you read a topic (say this thread), then go back to the main page and this is still shown as unread

If so then yes, I have had this since I installed Lion on release day, same issue in Chrome & Firefox

The only solution I found was to use the Safari.app from SL, I have this stored in my utilities folder and it works as expected (dont use this anymore as it doesn't support trackpad)

Apple acknowledged the issue but it never got fixed, so I just rely more on using the refresh button

paulsatler

Yes, that is exactly my problem/issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.