Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is holding a media event today at the California Theatre in San Jose, California, where it is expected to introduce the iPad mini, a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, a tweaked full-size iPad with Lightning connector, and updated Mac mini models. A release of the company's revamped iTunes software also likely and iMac updates are a possibility. The event is scheduled to kick off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time.

california_theatre_ipad_mini_event.jpg

Photo by Dean Takahashi/VentureBeat

For the first time in two years, Apple will be providing a live video stream of a media event via its website for Mac and iOS users and Apple TV.

Live Video Stream of Apple's iPad Mini Media Event

In addition to Apple's video stream, we will be updating this article with coverage and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the media event unfolds. Separate news stories regarding the event announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Apple's online stores around the world are currently down in advance of the event.

Recent News and Rumors

- 'iPad Mini' Name Confirmed by Smart Cover Part Descriptions
- 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro Starts at 128 GB Flash Storage, Mac Mini Goes Quad-Core
- Four New Lightning Adapters, Higher-Power iPad Power Adapter Coming Today
- New Full-Sized iPad to Have Upgraded FaceTime Camera?

Live Transcript

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live Coverage of Apple's iPad Mini Media Event [Event Ended]

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Apple, one the most successful technology companies of our time, can't figure out how to video live-stream an event.

Really bizarre.

Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Ubisoft, they all do it for E3 every year... yet Apple, with it's hundreds of billions of dollars, can't do it.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Apple, one the most successful technology companies of our time, can't figure out how to video live-stream an event.

Really bizarre.

Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Ubisoft, they all do it for E3 every year... yet Apple, with it's hundreds of billions of dollars, can't do it.

What are you talking about? The event will be live-streamed on Apple.com and through Apple TV.

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/23/ipad-mini-media-event-also-streaming-via-apples-website/

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/2...e-video-of-ipad-mini-media-event-to-apple-tv/

x13gamer

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Pure Michigan
Death of a Classic

Apple hasn't updated the iPod classic for a long time now. I am starting to believe that they might be killing it in an hour or two.

I hope there is a new iPad I have been holding out with my first gen.

A side note Apple had to release the iPhone 5 with the new lightning adapter before it could release anything else with one because it's become their flagship product. Now that the 5 is out the iPad Mini will not flop because of a different connector on it.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Well I think it's normal that some of us complain about the lack of iMac refresh. Apple doesn't seems to care about it, sadly. Personally, I've been waiting one since last December or January. I won't pay the amount of cash that I am expecting to pay for 2011 hardware at a 2011 price in 2012.

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009

Really bizarre.

Who said anything about them not figuring out how to live stream? The article says its the first time in 2 years since they've done one and I've watched many of the others before that.

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
Imac whining lol

I bought a 5,1 mac pro when they came out for once i was secretly pleased with the ***** recent upgrade !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.33.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 7.33.48 PM.png
    247 KB · Views: 267
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.