Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Hello all. I just ordered the base 13" retina MacBook Pro for the sole purpose of reselling it (I have a 15" rMBP for personal use). I bought it because I knew how well the 15" rMBP sold, and since the 13" has arrived in time for the holidays I was thinking it may sell out quickly too.

What are your opinions? Do you think it will sell out fast and create a high demand for the holiday season? If so I will keep the order and resell the laptop for a higher price. But if you guys think I won't get any more than what I paid, I will probably just cancel it. I won't open the box or anything.

Just need to know about what the demand for this laptop looks like. Your opinions are appreciated. :)

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Hello all. I just ordered the base 13" retina MacBook Pro for the sole purpose of reselling it (I have a 15" rMBP for personal use). I bought it because I knew how well the 15" rMBP sold, and since the 13" has arrived in time for the holidays I was thinking it may sell out quickly too.

What are your opinions? Do you think it will sell out fast and create a high demand for the holiday season? If so I will keep the order and resell the laptop for a higher price. But if you guys think I won't get any more than what I paid, I will probably just cancel it. I won't open the box or anything.

Just need to know about what the demand for this laptop looks like. Your opinions are appreciated. :)

Honestly I've heard 20% positive things, and 80% negative things about the 13" RMBP. The 15 inch RMBP was like the opposite, it was 10% negative and 90% positive. I think your wasting your money, considering the 15" RMBP still sells on eBay used for over $2000! I got $2000 plus shipping for my 15 inch base model RMBP!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Why will people buy it from you when they can just buy it online from Apple and get it delivered to the door in 1-2 days :confused:

Seems like a bad idea...sorry!

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Honestly I've heard 20% positive things, and 80% negative things about the 13" RMBP. The 15 inch RMBP was like the opposite, it was 10% negative and 90% positive. I think your wasting your money, considering the 15" RMBP still sells on eBay used for over $2000! I got $2000 plus shipping for my 15 inch base model RMBP!

That's awesome! I considered selling mine and keeping the 13" rMBP and also purchase one of the new iMacs, but I really don't think I would like the 13" rMBP enough to do that. Just wanted to sell it as brand new in December IF they turned out to be sold out everywhere and were in high demand, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
It will not sell out. This notebook is way overpriced and no way is this going to target students. You're paying too much for too little.

If you sell worldwide, then and then only will you make any money. There are always foreign buyers interested in getting their hands on one. But beware of expensive shipping fees. If you're looking to sell domestic - cancel your order now.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
Scalpers deserve what they get, sorry.

...which (like every other type of businessperson) is profits from serving a particular demand unfilled by others, in this case bearing production/timing risk. There's a role for scaplers in a free market. Don't hate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.